Forum Ads Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirk Voclain

Customer
Over the years I have had tons of "PROBLEMS" with OpenX. That is what I'm currently using as an AD SERVER.

I want to get rid of it totally.

MY Question is.....I would like to tell you HOW I'm using OPENX now and then have you tell me if "Forum Ads" will do at least that for me? Here we go:

1. I sell ads for 1 year at a time. They get unlimited impressions and clicks during that time.
2. I have different levels of ads. What makes them different is how OFTEN they show up on the site. For example Platinum Ads show up randomly in the header 4 times more often than do Regular Ads and Gold Ads show up 2 times more often than Regular Ads.
3. The banner ad that shows up in the header is 453x50 pixels in size. Some are only JPG's and some are animated GIF's. When you click the banner it send you to the advertisers web site.
4. When the 1 year of time expires, the ad is turned off by OpenX. If they re-purchase another year, I manually go in and extend the time by putting in an expiration date.

That is basically it....I keep a physical list of who has paid and when they expire and I manually email them and keep them informed of there ads progress.

I love some of the other features that Forum Ads offers...esp. the words one....but I want to make sure it AT LEAST will do the above for me.

LET ME KNOW...I'm ready to purchase TODAY!!!!

Yours,

Kirk Voclain

1. I sell ads for 1 year at a time. They get unlimited impressions and clicks during that time.
Selling ads by date with unlimited impressions and clicks is a supported feature as of v1.1.0 :)
2. I have different levels of ads. What makes them different is how OFTEN they show up on the site. For example Platinum Ads show up randomly in the header 4 times more often than do Regular Ads and Gold Ads show up 2 times more often than Regular Ads.
This is not currently possible in this mod, sorry :(
3. The banner ad that shows up in the header is 453x50 pixels in size. Some are only JPG's and some are animated GIF's. When you click the banner it send you to the advertisers web site.
Animated GIFs are supported by this mod :)
4. When the 1 year of time expires, the ad is turned off by OpenX. If they re-purchase another year, I manually go in and extend the time by putting in an expiration date.
You would not need to manually extend the time, they can simply resubmit their ad, however you could manually extend it if you prefer to do so, in order to preserve statistics.

Thank you for your quick reply!!! I really appreciate it.

SO....could I do something like this.....

For Regular Sponsors they only have the ability to have a banner ad.
For Gold and Platinum Sponsors they can have banner ad AND use of key words.

Would there be a way that it can be set up like that?

Thanks again....I really, really WANT to make this work.

Kirk

Unfortunately there's no way to restrict the ability to buy keywords per usergroup at this time either :(

Status
Not open for further replies.