Status
Not open for further replies.

blahzay

Customer
I currently have the lite version installed on my forums but noticed the shoutbox doesnt show up on the main page that has vbadvance installed. Is it easy to install on the mainpage page? Is this an option that only comes with the Pro version or can it be done with lite also? I plan to buy the Pro version anyway just because of the Editing options.

On a side note: With the lite version, is the only way of editing vbshout in the admin panel under "settings- VBShout General options"? Thats the ONLY place i see to edit something within vbshout and even then its extremely basic.

To put vBShout in a custom location, do the following:

vBShout Options Edit:

Step 1: AdminCP -> DBTech - vBShout-> Instance Management -> [Edit].

Step 2: Change the Auto-Display Shoutbox setting to Disabled.

Step 3: Write down the the Varname setting. For the default shoutbox, it's instance1. The rest of this guide will assume you replace instance1 with the actual Varname if it is different.

VBAdvance Setup:

1. Go to vBa CMPS and add a module [Template Module]

A. Title what ever you want.

B. In the setting Template Module Options add shout ( you will see this then : adv_portal_shout(you fill this)

C. Now paste this to the Template Content setting

{vb:raw show.vbshout_instance1}

D. In the setting, Style choose which styles you want it to show on.

E. Set Use Module Wrapper Template to "No"

F. Set your desired Permissions and Save it.

G. Then add this module to your desired page and location (generally in the center one which is the biggest module type).

If you don't see AdminCP -> DBTech - vBShout-> Instance Management add yourself as Super Administrator in the file includes/config.php

Status
Not open for further replies.