Status
Not open for further replies.

kerts93

Customer
PRODUCT NAME: vBshout Lite & Pro (tested both)
VERSION: 6.1.0a5-pl1

When I added vBshout, first only my (ID: 1 superadmin account) had problems. I couldn't do anything
1KqF8dH.png

Then I tried to do exact same things with firefox and IE. Worked. Worked fine for few hours, then I went home from work and suddenly doesn't work in firefox also. Only IE. What's causing this?

I have all premissions set and now the problem affects other users also. I belong to group Omanikud.

PVi6GRH.png

Problem occured both with Lite & Pro version.

PHP Error log shows this:

[Thu Aug 01 18:41:17 2013] [error] [client XX.XXX.XXX.XXX] PHP Notice: Undefined index: dbtech_vbshout_settings in /home/nG/web/foorum/core/packages/dbtechvbshout/api/vbshout/shoutbox.php on line 1191, referer: Forums - nG || Northern Gaming

How long ago did you download the product? A few weeks ago I made some changes that may have fixed the notices you're seeing.

This week.

It isn't fixed to user or IP, it's fixed to computer's browser. At beginning it worked in all browsers, then one-by one they fail. When I change browser or computer (or use phone entirely) it works for some time. Only thing that hasn't failed yet is Internet Explorer.

Also to add, the problem isn't that those notices appear, the problems are also, that users cannot post into shoutbox, when they post, nothing happens (text dissapears from textbost, but doesn't appear in shoubox).

Last edited:
I may have found the problem:

Lj8sQIF.png

As you can see, I have selected bbsessionhash. There was also second one with same name, that had it's path related to vBshout. As soon as I deleted that one, shoutbox worked again for few hours, deleted once again, an again works.

Can you show the the one that's related to vBShout? vBShout does not set any cookies, so this would be a vB5 bug if so.

That makes literally -17 amounts of sense, that just means what action a person took last. I don't understand why that would break something like this o_O

At some point in the not too distant future I'll be re-testing all our mods with vB 5.0.4 and implementing the new features in that version, so I'll make a note to re-test this at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 5.0.x vBulletin 5.1.x vBulletin 5.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back