Status
Not open for further replies.

DaDr00

We've just recently encountered a problem where shouts will show up below an older shout. I've pruned the SB and emptied the cache.

I'll be trying to update vB as well as vBShout today.

Even though v5.4.8 is no longer supported, I can still ask: Is there a way to reproduce this reliably? Nobody else has reported this in the many months vBShout 5.4.8 was the leading version.

Are you sure it's not just a case of your server being slow, and it showing your shout first then the next time it reloads the SB (for someone else's shouts) it correctly adjust the position of the shouts?

In other words, has there ever been a case where the time stamps have been out of order, like
[19:51]
[19:52]
[19:48]
[19:53]

Thanks for responding so quickly.

It seems that it's only happening within the same time stamp minute. So just under one or two shouts. Also, it's not very consistent, nor limited to just one user.

Are you sure it's not just a case of your server being slow, and it showing your shout first then the next time it reloads the SB (for someone else's shouts) it correctly adjust the position of the shouts?

We're virtual hosted by a major provider and have not noticed any server performance issues elsewhere on the site. It's not just happening with my personal shouts either. This has been reported by other users from a number of devices.

Like I said in the OP, we'll be updating versions sometime today in hopes that it remedies the problem. But, if you'd like to continue troubleshooting this version bug, I'll be more than willing to assist.

I can't really troubleshoot it unless there's a way to reliably reproduce it unfortunately :(

Well, now that I've got a couple people shouting the the box with me, I can't get it to replicate ... so, it could possibly be server latency.

*sigh*

I've got another site admin coming on soon to perform the updates, if it continues after that, I can only assume it's the intertubes being clogged.

Thanks again for your input! :cool:

We've done some updates:
vBulletin v 4.2.0
vBShout v 6.0.8

It was still happening, so we contacted our host and got them to move the db and the web site to the same virtual box, and confirmed that we didn't have any clock issues between the two.

Any further tweaking we can do?

If you inspect the timestamps in the dbtech_vbshout_shout table, are the shouts in the correct order there?

If you inspect the timestamps in the dbtech_vbshout_shout table, are the shouts in the correct order there?

Even on the messed up shouts the shoutid and dateline are in the correct order in the database, so I do not understand why they appear out of order.

The script uses the dateline to sort the shouts, and this isn't something we've heard happening to anyone else as far as I can remember.

We've wiped the vBShout DB and installed fresh, it still seems to be happening. We're going to have some more talks with our hosting provider...

Just throwing something out there, but you mentioned before that this was only happening on shouts that were posted within the same minute.

Is the date/time field the for each shout storing the seconds correctly?

I'm not really sure how the shouts are read, but if they aren't by ID and are by date/time, it could be something like that.

Again, I'm just a customer so... just throwing something out there to check. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back