Status
Not open for further replies.

E.T.

Customer
Hi,

I've a strange issue with the shoutbox, it stop working once there are 67 shouts in the shoutbox, after that you can still enter text, but it's not showing in the shoutbox, but those messages are present in the archive.

Once the shoutbox has been pruned, it will work till the 67 messages are reached again.

I cannot find any setting how to increase the total amount of shouts, actually I don't want to delete messages at all.

Can you help me out with this ?

I tried to register to your site, but it's not possible due to the fact that there's an error with your required "country" profile field, it does not accept selecting UK as a valid option.

In either case, to check this out I'd need FTP and an AdminCP account with at least Can Admin vBShout :)

And to test something, I've removed 10 shouts in the archive and now we are able to shout again, at this moment we can go to 78 shouts and it's hanging again.

Messages can still be typed but they do not appear in the shoutbox but only in the archive

Strange or not ?

Take your time, it's not that urgent ;)

The workaround is to delete some messages or just prune the shoutbox.

Hey, sorry for the delay. It seems that at the moment, there's only 4 shouts in the Shoutbox, and I don't want to spam it up with 70 shouts :p

Post back here when you've reached the cut-off limit again and I'll check it out as soon as I see it :)

Hi there,

Well we have spammed our own forum and fill the shoutbox, this time the shouts itself were a bit longer and it stopped working after 51 shouts.

The shouts are not in the shoutbox, but you can view them in the Archive.

I think there is also something wrong with this:

Notice: You are currently flagged as Idle. Click here to un-flag.

As in the admincp the Idle time is set to 0, so I believe the above message should not be appear ?

Idle Timeout
Enter the number of seconds until users are flagged as Idle and won't see any new shouts / notices until they either un-idle themselves, or post a shout.

Set the value to 0 to disable this feature

Nothing wrong with that, Auto Idle is enabled for all usergroups that can access the SB.

Will look into shout issue and post back when I have news.

The issue is caused by a bug in your MySQL version, it isn't able to handle double sorting.

Please upgrade to MySQL 5.0 or later to fix this issue :)

MySQL 4.1 is no longer supported by MySQL AB anyway, it's 7 years old.

Thanks Fillip H..

Will ask the hosting company to get access to MySQL 5.0, they have it available since a while now, need to create a dump and import it into the new one.

Will let you know in a few days ;)

Hi there,

The first attempt did not work, some SQL errors:

Code:
Error at the line 24: ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;
Query: CREATE TABLE `access` (
`userid` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`forumid` smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`accessmask` smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
PRIMARY KEY (`userid`,`forumid`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;
MySQL: Table 'access' already exists

It was almost done, the last 0,51mb needs to be inserted and then the above error appeared.

I've connect the forum to the new database, but it was not looking very good, buttons missing, subforum mentioned as : etc etc.

Will let you know once it is working ;)

Last edited:
Today I've successfully migrate the database to MySQL 5 and all the above issues has been solved, found a small bug, but will create a new thread for that one.

Thanks for the support Fillip H..

much appreciated !

Regards,

Marcel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update