Status
Not open for further replies.

DoktorJekyll

Customer
Dear all,

I have a question in regards to the usage of the Shout Marker notifications. I just recognized, that these are based on the "actual shouts" not on the "alltime shouts". So for example I had the notification user XYZ has reached 100 shouts, afterwards old shouts got deleted, then after adding some new shouts the same notification was sent, user XYZ has reached 100 shouts.

So I am wondering, if that Shout Marker Interval and the notification could be based on the TOTAL ALLTIME amount of shouts of an user instead of the actual ones. Because I guess it makes sense to use the auto-delete function for old shouts after x hours, otherwise the database might explode some day ;) and having old shouts in the archive doesn't make sense as well. On the other hand, I like that statistic for heavy shouters to be seen in the shoutbox... but based on their alltime shouts instead (what makes more sense instead of seeing every now and then the user xyz has reached 100 shouts again).

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Changed to a feature request so it gets taken into consideration for the next version :)

OK, so i see, the notifications are based on the actual shouts only and we will see them again and again ;) - so I changed the wording based on my auto-deletion after 24 hours now to "XYZ has reached 50 shouts in the last 24 hours!" ;) - That solves the issue until a new feature is available... what would be definetly very nice, so the Top-Shouters can see their numbers getting higher and higher :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back