Question Deletion of shouts after banning users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skol

Customer
Not really sure if this is a "How do I" or a request..But here goes..

I'm getting alot of spamming at the minute and when the users are banned from the frontend forums and all posts by those users are also auto deleted, the automated new posts by those users to the shout box are not deleted,yet if the users are deleted from the backend in admincp their shouts get deleted..

Is there a way, so when you ban a user on the forums frontend to have it delete their shouts also?

Thanks..

That's not a feature currently and I personally don't believe this should be implemented since the scenario you describe only affects spambots - not people who are legitimately banned and will be unbanned in x days (i.e. suspended).

As always when I say "I personally" that doesn't reflect official DBTech stance on the matter :)

For now you can use the Prune feature where you can click their name if the context menu is enabled, hit Prune Shouts and their shouts will be gone :)

Then I'm sorry Fillip H.,I totally disagree.If a user or a bot is banned on the frontend then everything should be removed (as it stands the shoutbox posts are not removed).I or another admin shouldn't have to do anything else after banning a bot or a user on frontend..

Then I'm sorry Fillip H.,I totally disagree.If a user or a bot is banned on the frontend then everything should be removed (as it stands the shoutbox posts are not removed).I or another admin shouldn't have to do anything else after banning a bot or a user on frontend..

Best to make this a separate feature request if you strongly want this feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings