Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this happening constantly, or only when you're navigating off the page?

If constantly, do not prune the SB until I've had a chance to look at it so I can fix it, please :)

Is this happening constantly, or only when you're navigating off the page?

If constantly, do not prune the SB until I've had a chance to look at it so I can fix it, please :)

Hey Fillip H.,

It just happened all of a sudden, users just contacted me, as far as I know it was working and stopped now its just constantly displaying the error

Okay, I'll need you to turn it back on so I can see the error - I'll investigate the code behind the AJAX loader, but I need to see it happening.

It'd be grand if you could set the UG permissions so nobody that would try shouting has access to it - then update my account Fillip H. to be a member of this UG.

Any additional shouts in the SB may very well push the shout that breaks the box off the page :(

Okay, I'll need you to turn it back on so I can see the error - I'll investigate the code behind the AJAX loader, but I need to see it happening.

It'd be grand if you could set the UG permissions so nobody that would try shouting has access to it - then update my account Fillip H. to be a member of this UG.

Any additional shouts in the SB may very well push the shout that breaks the box off the page :(

done

I have removed shout capabilities for every usergroup apart from admin

My account Fillip H. sees a No Permissions error when attempting to view the SB.

I still see a No Permissions error.

You need to include my account in a usergroup that still has viewing permissions :)

The issue is shoutID 1075782 from userID 6398 (Big Shot). It contains characters that break parsing.

You need to manually delete this shout from the database, and if possible ask the person what character this is so that I can strip it.

The issue is shoutID 1075782 from userID 6398 (Big Shot). It contains characters that break parsing.

You need to manually delete this shout from the database, and if possible ask the person what character this is so that I can strip it.

Thanks Fillip H. for sorting it out.

I have asked a few users and they say using the iphone type in a different language like tibetan messes up the sb.

I'll try get a hold of big shot and find out what exactly he used

---------- Post added at 22:10 ---------- Previous post was at 21:57 ----------

hey Fillip H. I have the exact code used.

I will send it to you via pm

I believe I have a fix available - It's not going to prevent the actual character from being posted, since we do need to support Tibetan or whatever language it is, but it should no longer break the SB.

Re-download v6.0.7 and re-upload /dbtech/vbshout/includes/class_dm_shout.php and it should work :)

The shoutbox works fine on your site :)

I'll need to see it in action if I'm to have any chance of fixing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back