Status
Not open for further replies.

Vcize

Customer
I'm looking to just allow my users to upload files. I'd like to disable the "browse files" option/page, but I don't see a way to do that through the modules.

Alternatively (or in addition to), is there a way to remove the "downloads" link from the navbar entirely?

Another related question. After a user uploads a file it automatically redirects them to the downloads page for that file. If I have the downloads module disabled then that means they will get a "you are not authorised" error without any acknowledgement that the file uploaded successfully. Is there a way around this?

Ok, one last thing, I swear :o

Was the module management removed entirely from the latest build? In the newest build I don't see the ability to add/remove or configure modules at all.

Is this for v1.3 of vBDownloads, since you speak of Modules? That version is no longer supported now that v2.0 is available for all platforms and vB versions.

Modules served no purpose, they did nothing except provide a memory-intensive wrapper for usergroup permissions found natively in vB - so that's what they were replaced with, as per the Upgrade Notes.txt file that came with the mod :)

Yeah I actually went ahead and upgraded late last night after posting. However, I'm still having an issue.

When uploading, users cannot select a category unless they are set up as a vbdownloads manager.

TestCategory permissions for TestUsergroup:
Can View checkbox: checked
Can upload checkbox: checked

TestUsergroup usergroup permissions
Can View vbdownloads: yes
Can upload: yes

However, when a user in the TestUsergroup group goes to the uploads page, the category dropdown is empty and does not contain TestCategory. If I go into the TestUsergroup usergroup permissions and set them as a manager, then they can see the category. Otherwise they cannot.

I am unable to reproduce this issue. Can you please double-check your Category permissions and whether your test user truly belongs to that usergroup?

I think you know what's coming next... :p

I will also need the test account's info btw.

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

Update: I have corrected this issue on your site and in the release product, thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.