Status
Not open for further replies.

qpurser

Customer
Yesterday I installed the PRO version on my test server to see how it all works before I go live with it.
The forum on my test server is a copy I did about a moth ago from the live forum.
Therefore there is no real activity going on besides from myself to test things out.

I am a little confused regarding the daily, weekly and monthly activity ranking.
From my understanding the daily activity reflects what a user did on a forum for a particular day which gets reset to zero at some point at the end of the day. Same for the weekly. Its get reset when the week is over. Same for the monthly one.

To calculate the points correctly and reward all the "old timers" for their contributions I started the calculation day on 1/1/2008.
I noticed the points are calculated pretty much correctly as I know our old members and their points are very high.
About 90% from the 3500 users had their daily, weekly and monthly "activity level" ranking at 0% which is correct also as there hasn't been activity on this test forum.
However as you can see in the screenshot some users have very high activity levels. How can this be as none of them had any activity for at least the past month on this test forum?

FYI I have tried different numbers in the "Activity Target" "Activity Target minimum points" settings with the result the numbers changed a bit but those users always had "activity numbers" quite high

I am confused
Thanks for any help or suggestions
Michael

Screen Shot 2013-10-07 at 5.26.20 AM.png

That is most likely due to the fact that certain events do not have correct timestamps available in the database (such as adding friends), so the system makes assumptions regarding when these events occurred.

If you wait a while, it should even out the Daily Activity properly :)

Thanks. I will keep an eye on it.

Would it be possible to reset ONLY the "activity" to zero without recalculating all the points?
Maybe with a SQL query?

You can run
Code:
UPDATE user SET dbtech_vbactivity_pointscache_day = 0, dbtech_vbactivity_pointscache_week = 0, dbtech_vbactivity_pointscache_month = 0
to reset those columns.

Remember to add your table prefix if you use one :)

In the mean time I have the PRO version and running this mod in the background on my active site.

Once again I did a new calculation of points and it worked fine. Points were calculated correctly and all activity levels were set to 0%.
Once members started posting I saw their activity level go up immediately.
Next day after the first nightly cron job was executed everybody ended up again with 2.24%. Once members started posting for the new day their levels went up as expected. All the others who were inactive stayed with their 2.24%. After another day they changed to 2.30%.
I have let it sit for a couple days now as you recommended but it seems not to even out. The calculation for those who were active works just fine but all the inactive ones have an issue. For example some who have the activity level of 2.30% even haven't been only for months or years.

Screen Shot 2013-10-26 at 5.37.32 AM.png

When I look at my own calculation it seems to be pretty accurate for the weekly/monthly activity but the daily one has the issue like anybody else.

Screen Shot 2013-10-26 at 5.52.48 AM.png

Could it be one of the cron jobs do a wrong calculation for the "daily" calculations?

Thanks
-Michael-

The 2.30% could be a result of "Points for Days Registered", which is added to every user regardless of their last active date.

If you have this enabled, this is 100% intended.

The 2.30% could be a result of "Points for Days Registered", which is added to every user regardless of their last active date.

If you have this enabled, this is 100% intended.

Makes sense to me. I deactivated this option and it shows 0% now.

and another question....:)

Is the "daily" activity not supposed to be reset around midnight? Means the "daily" activity is set back to zero and we start fresh for the next day?
This way users can see what their activity is during the actual day.

Sorry Fillip but they don't get reset to zero.

Those are the 3 cron jobs that run sometime short after midnight.
Award Daily Points
Build Points Cache
Snapshot Schedules

I checked the log and they were all 3 executed.

Don't know if it might have something to do with it but you released a couple days an updated version of this mod which was a fix for the "contest" issues I had reported?

Can you please tell me why you believe they don't get reset? After turning off daily points, you reported that it was working.

After turning off daily points, you reported that it was working.

This is correct. I turned off the points settings for "days registered" as this still would give the users some % of activity even when they haven't been online for a long time. I didn't wanted this and by disabling those point settings they stayed at zero after recalculating points.

Can you please tell me why you believe they don't get reset?

This is a screenshot from this morning. It is pretty much the same as it was last night before I went to bed (some users might have posted after I went to bed and got a few points extra since then. But for example myself (MAXreefer) I am still at the same % as last night.

Screen Shot 2013-11-01 at 7.06.30 AM.png

So you're saying that turning off the Days Registered points caused the statistics to no longer reset?

So you're saying that turning off the Days Registered points caused the statistics to no longer reset?

I can't say for sure by turning the "Days registered" being off it started causing this issue but my guess it is.
Let me reactivate the "days registered" again on my test server and see if it will reset again or not.
Will report back tomorrow with the result

Fillip,
here is what is happening even with the "days registered" activated.
Using the following settings:
Points for post: 2
points for posting in own thread: 1
points for new thread: 5
points for days registered: 0.1
Activity stats settings -> activity target: minimum points to be "counted": 3

All this is on my test server where nobody is online besides myself.

Yesterday I reset and recalculated all points.
How it looks after this in chronological order

Screen Shot 2013-11-03 at 7.12.41 PM.png

This morning. I saw both cron jobs ran shortly after midnight: Award Daily Points and Build Points Cache.
Nothing changed

Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 5.26.57 AM.png

Now I ran the cron jobs manually. Saw everybody changed to the same % probably because of the "days registered" activated?

Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 5.35.07 AM.png

Then I did a posting and started a new thread which should trigger enough points to be "counted"
Right after that it changed:

Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 5.36.22 AM.png

Fillip,
wanted to report back again with some changes I noticed this morning and what is happening.

On my "test forum" with the "Days registered" active and where I am the only one posting following happened after day 3:
Daily points got reset. All users have a minimal daily % because of the "days registered". I (maxreefer) posted yesterday something and I got reset also.

Screen Shot 2013-11-06 at 7.02.18 AM.png

On my "live forum" where it is running in the background and where the "days registered" is NOT active the users who are active and posted something since I installed the MOD their daily % keeps growing and growing and didn't get reset. Those who were not active since I installed the MOD they got reset.

Users who posted since installing:
Screen Shot 2013-11-06 at 7.01.42 AM.png

Users who didn't posted since installing:

Screen Shot 2013-11-06 at 7.09.27 AM.png

I think I discovered an issue with resetting the points cache in the event the "Points for Days Registered" was disabled.

v3.1.4 Patch Level 1 will be released on Monday to correct this issue.

Thanks!

I think I discovered an issue with resetting the points cache in the event the "Points for Days Registered" was disabled.

v3.1.4 Patch Level 1 will be released on Monday to correct this issue.

Thanks!

Thank you.
Looking forward to the release and will report back once installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBActivity & Awards

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads