Status
Not open for further replies.

Jem

Customer
Is there currently a way to prune the shouts but keep the total number of shouts? My members really enjoy the notifications when they hit a big number, but the shouts table is now taking up about 50MB of space. If there is no way to do this, is the size of the table going to be an issue going forward?

Thanks, love DBTech :)

You're going to have to get to 1 GB or bigger before it's even remotely going to be an issue.

There is currently a lifetime shouts counter that isn't pruned when the SB is pruned :)

Thanks on both counts :) So I can just use /prune to erase all the chat log and it will keep the numbers?

If you look in the archive, it will say "Top 10 Shouters" and "Top 10 Shouters (Lifetime)".

First values will be erased, second will not :)

Sorry to belabor the point, but one more clarification question if you will.

Do the user has reached xxxx shouts! messages come off of the lifetime shouts number?

Ah, there in lies the issue. While the lifetime shouts would not change, they would appear to be reset to the members due to those messages. Is there anyway to switch this? Is it as easy as a variable name in a template, or more complicated than that?

I've changed it, you can re-download /dbtech/vbshout/includes/class_dm_shout.php and it'll work :)

Thank you sir! Very much appreciated :) It's unbelievable support like this combined with the best mods in the business that make DBtech the awesomeness that it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings