Status
Not open for further replies.

Mondy

Customer
'Hi all -

Page url Live Entrepreneur Chat - GBLCG.org should show the shoutbox under the the Announcement Module to Unregistered Guests. I believe I've set everything correctly in admincp to allow this to happen - but it doesn't seem to appear when I look at this page 'logged out' myself.

Any idea what this may be caused by?

Thanks heaps in advance -

Mondy

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

Are you running a guest cache system like Varnish on your server?

I cannot find a logical reason for why it's not showing up for guests on your forum. I tried replacing the template with a shell template to eliminate any vBShout settings, and that did not change anything.

Additionally, no HTML from the module shows up in the source.

I can only conclude that guests are being served a (very) stale version of the page.

Fillip H. -

Thanks for your rapid response - and, yes, I am stumped too.

Checked settings with my host and across my admincp and nothing seems to flag 'error'.

However, I suddenly realised that all was well before I upgraded to vB5 5.0.3.... Shoutbox was visible to guests as intended.

You haven't received any other comments about Shoutbox versus 5.0.3 recently by any chance for I am suspecting something may have changed with that latest version that causes this issue to appear.

Feel free to nose around my settings and files when/if needed - I've left the gate open for you.

Not sure whether it would be worthwhile to raise this issue at vbulletin.org as well... Obviously, this is about a module not appearing as should be the case. It's got something to do with 5.0.3 I sense...

Thanks again mate!

Mondy

Sorry - Just found solution...

The Usergroup 'Guests' must be given 'Manager' status in it's profile. This keeps the shoutbox visible to this usergroup. Further allowances/settings must be determined in the 'instance manager'.

At GBLCG.org Guests can now see the shoutbox but cannot participate in the chat: Live Entrepreneur Chat - GBLCG.org

Hope this helps..

That's not the right solution though.

Unfortunately I deleted the PM with the FTP account prematurely as I was cleaning out access details from my PM box for security reasons, could you resend me an FTP account?

Status
Not open for further replies.