Status
Not open for further replies.

Samkeymaster

Customer
I keep getting this error when someone tries to post in the shoutbox

Error:
Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Compilation failed: lookbehind assertion is not fixed length at offset 176 in [path]/includes/functions_newpost.php on line 247
{"ajax":"save","error":"Invalid Message Specified"}

This happens in all Themes including default first time this has happened and I have not added anything or upgraded anything except from 6.0.3 beta to newest version of shout pro

vBShout does not call [path]/includes/functions_newpost.php so I don't see how this can be related.

According to Google, this could happen if the server has had some backend changes to the PCRE library. Could you please contact your host and find out if they have performed any upgrades as of late?

thanks for the fast reply seems it is an error because when posting new thread also get this error and Since I am the one who does the upgrades I will disable everything and find if its an addon or something... Thanks again

---------- Post added 14th February 2012 at 10:35 ---------- Previous post was 11th February 2012 at 12:58 ----------

Problem Solved the isue was with Vbulletin and the PCRE 8.21 update for the Server after rolling back to the PCRE 8.20 the problem was fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.