Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostHax

Hi there,

A few things really;

1. I've lost the details for the account I bought the Pro version for vBshout and vBshop on. The email will no longer work because it has been closed down due to spam, however I do have proof of payment and other information if needed. I currently have vBactivity lite installed aswell so will be looking to purchase that also aswell as a few other things that have interested me.

2. We're having issues with the Pro version of DB Tech vBShout 5.4.7. Every now and then the following error will occur;

View Urwnok.png on ScreenSnapr

It can be fixed by refreshing a couple of times, but it is becoming a nuissance to us and new members joining the site.

Is there a way to fix this? and is it possible that this could be caused by Cloudflare DDoS protection? I have run into a few issues with Cloudflare in the past.

Many Thanks

It's not a vBShout bug, or shouting would never work at all, ever. Security token is what vB needs to submit forms, so that it knows it's not an XSS.

It happens when the browser can't refresh the security token itself. This can happen for multiple reasons, most commonly a loss of connectivity for an extended period of time, or the computer being in sleep mode.

Are you able to watch this message pop up when you use the SB normally, or is it when you come back to the SB after an extended period of time?

It's not a vBShout bug, or shouting would never work at all, ever. Security token is what vB needs to submit forms, so that it knows it's not an XSS.

It happens when the browser can't refresh the security token itself. This can happen for multiple reasons, most commonly a loss of connectivity for an extended period of time, or the computer being in sleep mode.

Are you able to watch this message pop up when you use the SB normally, or is it when you come back to the SB after an extended period of time?

Normally after viewing a forum then coming back to the main page. It flags up. But after a few refreshes, it dissappears.

It's a problem for many users, including myself.

One thing I will add;

when viewing the shoutbox on my sites PreviewDNS (A preview of my site on original hosting settings) the errors do not appear at all. Alot of other minor bugs are fixed also. So am I to assume this is a hosting problem?

Also;

How would I go about getting back my account information with the DB Tech Licences and Purchase History. I cannot access the email which I hope is the right one. The problem was I used the remember me of Firefox's browser but my laptop broke, so am currently using my new one. But I never saved my account information.

I do however have the license number and proof of payment if needed. Just point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks

Normally after viewing a forum then coming back to the main page. It flags up. But after a few refreshes, it dissappears.

One thing I will add;

when viewing the shoutbox on my sites PreviewDNS (A preview of my site on original hosting settings) the errors do not appear at all. Alot of other minor bugs are fixed also. So am I to assume this is a hosting problem?

Also;

How would I go about getting back my account information with the DB Tech Licences and Purchase History. I cannot access the email which I hope is the right one. The problem was I used the remember me of Firefox's browser but my laptop broke, so am currently using my new one. But I never saved my account information.

I do however have the license number and proof of payment if needed. Just point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks

Send me a PM with the email address you used to make the PayPal purchase and the date the purchases were made, as well as copies of any receipts etc that you have, as well as the email address you used here on DBTech for your account that you purchased the licenses on.

Cosmic

One thing I will add;

In that case it sounds like it could be a domain or cookie issue, check the vBulletin Options for Forum URL and cookies.

I can't give you the correct values for those settings, sorry. That is very much individual on a per-forum and per-server basis what works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings