kshs92

Customer
Hi,

I am looking for something advanced donation mods which are fully interacted with file downloading system. Below is a detail what I really want.

- Donation -
1. Transaction for donation via PayPal & Other payment method

- Automated User Group Change -
2. Once user completed a payment transaction, PM message set by admin must be sent out to the donor automatically.
3. if the payment is confirmed, the donor must be moved into some special group automatically & can start downloading the files.

- Admin CP -
4. Besides, In adminCP, all sorts of downloadable files must be restricted by admin policy.
So, admin must be able to set a timespan limitation & a number of files & file size for downloadable files.

<admin policy>
a. how long the donor can download the file? (from 1 hour ~ 1 month or 1 year more)
b. how many files the donor can download? (from 1 file ~ )
c. the donor can download up to the file size restricted by admin

5. If the donor can meet the specific policies set by admin & downloading is completed, the donor must be return to original user level which is a level before making donation.

<Example>

User -> Donation Completed -> PM Message -> Level up to donor group -> start downloading -> Download completed -> Level down to previous level

I suppose that it might be an easy function for coders.
So, I'd like to know whether Dragonbyte's coders can make this kind of mod.
When I looked into Dragonbyte's mods such as download & credit II, those were something different from the function what I want.

If Dragonbyte can make this mod, I will be happy to buy it.

If it is impossible, would you advise me who can make it?

Otherwise, if the mods for this function has been made already by someone, please let me know the information of product & site address & coder.

Best Regards.

Last edited:
We don't have mods that would be able to provide that exact function unfortunately and we have a full schedule at the moment (in addition to having mods which replicate *parts* of that functionality already) So it's not something we would make.

As far as who would... your best bet would be to post in the "paid requests" part of vbulletin.org most likely

Cosmic

Hi, Trekkan

Thanks for your kind advice.

Hi, Cosmic

Understand your point. When can I see your mods including this functionality?

If iI recall correctly, with the next version of vBDownloads we plan to allow you to purchase access to files via vBCredits II Deluxe points - David will confirm that =)

With the next version of vBCredits II Deluxe you will be able to purchase points via PayPal - in this way you could ensure users can pay to access individual files. Also, using our vBShop mod users can purchase access to usergroups - however there is no way to make that temporary (e.g they wouldn't be kicked out of the usergroup after downloading)

Cosmic

If iI recall correctly, with the next version of vBDownloads we plan to allow you to purchase access to files via vBCredits II Deluxe points - David will confirm that =)

With the next version of vBCredits II Deluxe you will be able to purchase points via PayPal - in this way you could ensure users can pay to access individual files. Also, using our vBShop mod users can purchase access to usergroups - however there is no way to make that temporary (e.g they wouldn't be kicked out of the usergroup after downloading)

Cosmic
I am planning the ability to purchase access to files in a future version, yes :)

I am looking forward to purchase the next great version from you & hope it can be seen soonest.
Is it possible to get it by the end of this year?

I am looking forward to purchase the next great version from you & hope it can be seen soonest.
Is it possible to get it by the end of this year?

Very likely that both the new version of vbdownloads and the new version of vbcredits will be out before the years end =)