• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirk Voclain

Customer
I listed this as a bug as it just has to be one.

I have all my banners and pricing setup and working....as a test....I have a fake account/user that I set up...I went through the whole process with this fake user...including charging myself for the banner ad on my Credit Card.

I have it set in the usergroup to all NO....see photo....
ads.jpg

Thus this tells me that there should be NO WAY an ad can get up unless it's approved by the ADMIN....but I just did it....and it was up as soon as I paid the bill.

Your suggestions?

Kirk

Check the per-user settings, you may have automatic approve set to Yes there.

Check the per-user settings, you may have automatic approve set to Yes there.

NO...it's not set there either.....

Happened yesterday too...someone purchased a KEYWORD....before I could get to clicking and approving it.......it was already active....YES was already under "APPROVED"......

YOUR THOUGHTS????

Kirk

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

Update: Sorry for the delay, I believe I've now fixed this on your site. Can you verify this for me, please? :)

WELL....I don't think so????

I just logged in as a normal user...not the ADMIN....and clicked to buy a Keyword.....it get this message:

Bid Submitted

Your bid will be reviewed by an administrator. You will receive an email when your bid has been approved, alternatively you can check the Configure button on this page for an indicator that your cart has been updated.

But when I click CONFIGURE....nothing is there....and when I click the link that is sent to me.....

Nothing is there...I get this message:

Nobody's bid on any items yet. Have you set any of your Prices to be up for bids?

When I go look at the PRICE for Keywords...they are set to "Is Biddable" "NO"....so it should not be taking a bid......

NOW...I'm off to go do the test all over again with a banner.

Kirk

Same exact thing with "BANNERS"...exactly the same???

Your thoughts?

Kirk

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be testing this out on your forum, please ignore any further "bid" emails until I post back saying I'm done :)

Update: You should now have received an email from the user Fillip H. (me) regarding validation of my keyword test.

Let me know if this is not the case and I will test it further :)

Yep, that's correct :)

It's now working as intended, thanks for your help :)

So back to my first question......

IT'S SHOWING UP as "APPROVED"....if you were to go and PAY now at this point....would it be approved before I can approve it?

Seems to me it would come in as APPROVED "NO" even if you pay....that way if it's something I am not willing to approve it would not just start working......what if someone buys a word that I do not want to sell on friday evening and I do not get back to it till monday? See what I'm asking???

Kirk

Yes, the first approval process that you went through for my test keyword is the only approval process that is required.

After you've approved it via the AdminCP, users who pay will have it automatically enabled at that point.

That is how it was designed :)

Yes, the first approval process that you went through for my test keyword is the only approval process that is required.

After you've approved it via the AdminCP, users who pay will have it automatically enabled at that point.

That is how it was designed :)

Again...I just went through the whole process....I logged in as a regular user....JOHN SMITH

I then selected to buy a keyword....put in the info.....and then finished the operation.....as the user JOHN SMITH.

I paid and everything.....never clicked the link that ForumAds sent to the admin.

And with out ever approving it....as soon as it was PAID FOR....it was approved with out me clicking anything.

so...what purpose does sending the email asking for approval do if it's going to automatically approve anyone who pays????

Your thoughts?

Kirk

Someone could.....for example.....buy a banner ad.....upload the banner.....pay for it...and start advertising on my site.....without me (the admin) ever approving that ad. Could have bad words in the banner...or nudity....or just be some person that I do not want advertising in the first place.

Let me know?

Kirk

This appears to have been an issue with your specific version of PHP, I have corrected it on your site now :)

PERFECT...thanks......now.....when you upgrade this in the future...is the problem going to start all over again????

Kirk

OPPS????

When I follow the LINK that the system sent me saying I was approved:

I get this message:

Invalid Transaction: 0

However...if I go to the CUSTOMER AREA...I see that I can pay?

Kirk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Forum Ads

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating