Status
Not open for further replies.

orca

Customer
Hi,

I just installed navbar for 4.2.2. It actually works fine but still need to get used to it. However, some issues came up:

I use th vbdownloads and avatars as well as a few other addons from here. Although I marked there to show a link in the navbar, the link doesn't appear on the navbar. I guess there's sth wrong in the settings?

When adding a new tab in the navbar, I think it's great that one can choose the plugin form a dropdown. However, it would be nice if the screen automatically would fill in the infos based from the plugin's data (if available).

Ueli

I assume you mean vB4.2.0 I do not believe it is on version 4.2.2

For vBDownloads and vBAvatars not showing if you just upgraded your site to 4.2 you need to update any addons that insert info into a tab or sublink, as long as the mod supports 4.2 (all of DBT's mods support 4.2)

I can not control the auto fill stuff, that king of information is not readily available to do that with.

Well, I can try again. But I thought I did already. I just wanted to add a tab manually but it doesn't show up.

If you have added a tab manually and it is not showing, pm me a admin account, ftp info, and which tab it is, and I can look into it for you.

Hi,

I fixed it. Seems I put the wrong info in the show(array) field. However, although I reuploaded vArcade etc. still no link in the tabs. Will try it manually now.

Well, it worked for vbdownloads. However, it doesn't show up in the list of the navbar elements. Following addons don't show up in the navbar as well as not in the list of elements in the admincp although enabled in their settings:

Vbcredits (upgrade after vbnavtabs installation)
Vbforms
Vbavatars

Could there be a limit if the navbar gets too long? However, even then, it should at least be in the list of navbar elements.

If they don't show in the navbar, something else is probably going on, all vBNavTabs does is add some extra fields to the vB Navigation Manager.

If you pm me a admin account and ftp info, I can look into it when I get a free moment.

Ok I got the vBCredits tab to show up, I had to add the plugin for it as I don't think the product file has been updated yet.

I got the vBAvatars tab showing by manually adding it, I don't know why it is not automatically adding the tab on import of the product.

vBForms does not have any tab for the front end, that's why you don't see one.

vBDownloads won't show in the Navigation Manager due to the way it is inserted into the navbar as far as I know.

I can tell you the problem is not related to vBNavTabs though, I tried with it disabled and the tabs would not import. It is also not a problem with any other mod as far as I can tell, I tried with all mods disabled and it would still not show on import.

I switched two tabs to the second navbar also, as you had too many in the top navbar and they were all squished together. vBDownloads tab is also in the second navbar, and can not be moved from there at this time. This is due to the way it is inserted into the navbar, and a conflict with Navigation Manager, it is also unrelated to vBNavTabs

Hi,

click this link: Eisengasse.info Foren -> Error message

In Admincp it tells me there are too many navtabs (12). When disabling registration stas I get the following DB error:

Datenbankfehler in vBulletin 4.2.0:

Invalid SQL:

UPDATE vb_navigation
SET displayorder = 40,
state = state | 2
WHERE displayorder != 40
AND navid IN (55,credits);

MySQL-Fehler : Unknown column 'credits' in 'where clause'
Fehler-Nr. : 1054
Fehler-Zeit : Wednesday, 25.07.2012 @ 19:28:58
Datum : Wednesday, 25.07.2012 @ 19:28:59
Skript : Anmelden - Eisengasse.info Foren - vBulletin Administrator-Kontrollzentrum
Referrer : Anmelden - Eisengasse.info Foren - vBulletin Administrator-Kontrollzentrum
IP-Adresse : 84.73.167.72
Benutzername : Ueli
Klassenname : vB_Database
MySQL-Version : 5.1.63-cll

Trying to deactivate vbsignatures:

Invalid SQL:
UPDATE vb_navigation
SET displayorder = 40,
state = state | 2
WHERE displayorder != 40
AND navid IN (55,credits);
Fehler-Zeit : Thursday, 26.07.2012 @ 20:31:51
Datum : Thursday, 26.07.2012 @ 20:31:51
Skript : Anmelden - Eisengasse.info Foren - vBulletin Administrator-Kontrollzentrum
Referrer : Anmelden - Eisengasse.info Foren - vBulletin Administrator-Kontrollzentrum

Same error when activating an active tab...

Well, I don't know what you call fixed... This didn't happen before...

Besides vbDownloads is not listed in the admincp and the tab is active when im in my user cp.

Last edited:
Again, vBDownloads won't show in the Navigation Manager due to the way it is inserted into the navbar. As far as being active in your user cp, I don't believe that is related to vBNavTabs

"In Admincp it tells me there are too many navtabs", You can ignore that, all it is saying is there is to many tabs to display properly in the navbar, but with the second navbar you are fine.

For the two errors those are related to vBCredits, I will get Darkwaltz4 to take a look at this thread.

Well, not related to to vbDownloads? If I'm in my site in my User control panel, the vbdownloads tab is active including showing the links which is wrong. So I guess there's sth wrong in the "THIS_SCRIPT" variable or similar which I can't change. Hope the credits error is fixed soon.

It may very well be related to vBDownloads, but I don't believe it's related to vBNavTabs. Maybe Darkwaltz4 did not get the notification in the thread about the credits error, we'll see.

Still have this error when deactivting a tab:

Invalid SQL:
UPDATE vb_navigation
SET displayorder = 40,
state = state | 2
WHERE displayorder != 40
AND navid IN (credits,dbtech_vbarcade,55);
Fehler-Zeit : Sunday, 05.08.2012 @ 22:14:44
Datum : Sunday, 05.08.2012 @ 22:14:45
Skript : http://*/admincp/navigation.php?do=update
Referrer : http://*/admincp/navigation.php

That is not a issue with vBNavTabs, it is a issue with how vBCredits inserts the tab into the navbar, and a conflict with vBulletin accepting that way as a accepted method, but it has some issues.

If you want to deactivate a tab, simply edit it and disable it from that screen, not the main screen

Well, still have the problem with the mysql-error when deactivating a tab. additionally, if a new tab is added to the navtab through an addon (here e. g. vbquiz from dbtech) it adds the tab to the second navtab but it won't show up in the admincp in the navtab list.

Yes those are known issues, and has nothing to do with vBNavTabs, it is a conflict between the way some mods add the navtab to the navbar and a issue with the way vBulletin handles them. It has been reported to vB and here is the JIRA ticket, Login Required - vBulletin JIRA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBNavTabs

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings