Status
Not open for further replies.
hey there :)

what stylevars are used for the background color and the link color on the "buttons" Active Users: 0 and Notifications

AND

how do i disable the Options next to the shoutbox name in the header.. i dont want my users to be able to see any kind of options at all - this is very important for me

Thanks very much - think my users will love this

I'm curious why your users would love having less options available xD

The input area works off of two StyleVars:
input_background and control_focus_background. The first is before the user selected the input area, and the 2nd is while the user is typing.

The actual shouts' background area works off of the postbit_background StyleVar.

Link color - I don't know, we don't use any specific stylevar for that.

Edit out the options link from the _shoutbox template and disable the same plugins as with APTL.

I'm curious why your users would love having less options available xD

thanks very much

its the chat/shout box theyll love :) but also less things to manage..

my users are averaged 35+ and that means one thing ... more options = more confusion

in my world less is more when it comes to making decisions

It's actually the first line of the dbtech_vbshout_editortools_pro template, my bad :(

i have had no luck finding out where you define these setting for the 3 "buttons" next to the word shoutbox - just above the yellow marking

New Picture (19).png

i really need to make it look like the shout/clear buttons below... they look good - the others ones are ureadable.. what stylevars control these ?

please advise

and one more tinee weennee question....

the phrase Shoutbox in the header... i simply cannot find out which one you are using - so i cant translate it... i i no longer have any phrases with the word Shoutbox as a standalone - but it is still there.. and not translated :( same goes for "You are currently showing up as idle. Click here to resume activity"

please advise

and thanks for you patience :)

Last edited:
i have had no luck finding out where you define these setting for the 3 "buttons" next to the word shoutbox - just above the yellow marking
Open the dbtech_vbshout_colours.css CSS Template and check the .alt and .alt2 classes.

the phrase Shoutbox in the header... i simply cannot find out which one you are using - so i cant translate it... i i no longer have any phrases with the word Shoutbox as a standalone - but it is still there.. and not translated :(
That's the name of the instance. Instance Management -> Edit.
same goes for "You are currently showing up as idle. Click here to resume activity"
That phrase, along with other ones that appear via JS, is currently hardcoded in /dbtech/vbshout/clientscript/vbshout.js. They will be changed to phrases in a future version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings