Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Customer
I noticed someone joined and got credits from the Welcome event twice. Not good! :eek:

What happened?

This could be happening with other actions too.

It is because they were first a Awaiting Email Confirmation user, and then finally a Registered user. Be more selective with the usergroups in your Welcome event!

It is because they were first a Awaiting Email Confirmation user, and then finally a Registered user. Be more selective with the usergroups in your Welcome event!

Oh, I get it.

So it should probably only apply to the one usergroup registered users enter into.

After installing vBC, some users got Welcome credits, others did not - Recalculate?

Edit: Meant to post this in Pro support board.

I recently imported my forum to vBulletin with vBCredits.

Only some users received Welcome credits.

I have it set for 950.

How can I give every user 950 credits using recalculate, but make sure those who got it don't get double?

If that's not possible, how do I simply give 950 to everyone?

Oh also... not everyone got the right Birthday amount. For example, my test account, which has a join date of 2005 only got one sum of birthday credits. Some people got it for every year they've been a member.

I read that, but was still unsure.

In the equation box, if [Credits] is there, is that the user's current credits? So if I do [Credits] + 100 on every users, then every user gets an additional 100 credits?

Using two Welcome actions doesn't work

I set up two Welcome actions for two different usergroups. Only the first one works though.

EDIT:

This is actually a slightly different problem than I thought. I don't think it's about having two of them... it just doesn't work for one of them.

I made my own usergroup and it's just not working for that one.

It works with the default (id=2) one though.

Last edited:
Hey,

Unfortunately Darkwaltz4 is on holiday at the moment and I don't know how to debug that :(

the trick to having two events is to make one targeting the specific groups you want, and then the other one targeting every other group except those. otherwise right now the system will go with the event that is more generous for the situtation, which is usually the general vs specific one :) In the future I am looking to make events follow the more specific path, but for right now thats what you have to do.

ok i looked into it more and i noticed it works if i manually put a user in that group.

but it's not working when they are promoted to the custom usergroup through promotions

Welcome Bonus ERROR

Welcome Bonus applied twice.
Darkwaltz4, how could have this happened?! The previous welcome bonuses were all applied correctly - once. And then out of nowhere - this one was applied twice.

welcome_bonus_error3.gif

welcome_bonus_error1.gif

This user's registration time:
welcome_bonus_error2.gif

Last edited:
This might have something to do with the scheduled task that automatically processes events. So this is how it is set up:

sch.gif

task.gif

Is this the only user who has had this happen? Can you try registering a user to see what happens? The 1 for maximum times should be preventing this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBCredits II Deluxe

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back