Status
Not open for further replies.

hellomen

Hello I am Co owner of GameBlaze.net and My frien (owner) has this Plugin as Pro
but I have seen that the usergroupchange of the primary usergroup change doesn't work such as
it doesn't go back to the old usergroup he/she had
how can I fix this?

You can't fix this without significant code changes to the usergroupchange item file, and also database storage.

It's something we'll be working on in a future version :)

You can't fix this without significant code changes to the usergroupchange item file, and also database storage.

It's something we'll be working on in a future version :)

So you are putting up usergroup change with item duration without it isn;t even deleting the item from the user his/her profile?

so with other words the item duration doesn't even work.

Item Duration is a global item setting, and many of the items (such as forum permissions or other on-the-fly permission adjustments) will have their changes reverted once the item duration expires.

It will move the item to an inactive status with no possibility to re-enable it, but it will currently not undo any usergroup changes.

In other words, the item duration works fine :)

vBShop Feature Usergroup Change Request #2

Regarding to my other thread I didn't receive 100% succesfull help!

The usergroup change doesn't changeback but when the item gets discarded then the user changes back
The Item Duration should delete the item after the setted time which it doesn't do when you have the usergroup change on

can't you make when the usergroup change item duration is off that the item deletes aswell?

or is that again like a nub answer it is not possible?

S3K made an own script for the subscription stuff and I need it too

I need to have:

users can buy a temporary subscription for an X ammount of points.

Last edited:
Merged threads :)

The usergroup change doesn't changeback but when the item gets discarded then the user changes back
Sorry, I don't understand what you're saying here.

When the user discards the item, currently their usergroup status does not revert.

The Item Duration should delete the item after the setted time which it doesn't do when you have the usergroup change on

can't you make when the usergroup change item duration is off that the item deletes aswell?
The item duration should not delete the item, as this would conflict with the "Is Unique" feature. The system was designed in such a way that it should be possible to create an item that can only be bought once, even if it expires.

Changing the system in such a way that you propose would remove a feature from the mod, which we are not willing to do, unfortunately :(

or is that again like a nub answer it is not possible?
I'm sorry that you feel that explaining to you how the modification currently works is a "noob" answer. I can tell you, though, insulting me is not the right way of making me open to your ideas :)

I'm a real person, just like you, and while I try to be professional and answer everybody in the same way, being insulted naturally predisposes me to being less open to helping you.

Something you might want to keep in mind for later in life when you have to deal with other Customer Service representatives :)

S3K made an own script for the subscription stuff and I need it too

I need to have:

users can buy a subscription for an X ammount of points.
The Usergroup Change feature was not designed to work as a subscription system, but there are already Feature Requests in the system to enable reverting usergroup changes for future purchases, and we will work on it in a future feature update to vBShop.

To be clear: Starting multiple threads about the same subject and/or insulting me will not expedite the process of creating this feature, so please refrain from doing so in the future. Thank you :)

so there MIGHT be an update and then we HAVE to buy it again for that update if it is an 3months subscription

also you do not need to delete a feature
just do it like this:

if the unique checkbox = checked = true then the item will not be deleted after the time.
if the unique checkbox = checked = false then the item will be deleted after the time.

Depending on when we next update vBShop that may be a possibility, yes. We make the terms of each licence length perfectly clear on the page you tick a box saying you have read and agree to it before being allowed to purchase it :)

Depending on when we next update vBShop that may be a possibility, yes. We make the terms of each licence length perfectly clear on the page you tick a box saying you have read and agree to it before being allowed to purchase it :)

As I said my friend bought it not me. ;)
so yeah. I am kinda fucked now.
He thought he had that usergroup stuff in here but nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShop

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back