Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirjonadda

Customer
vBSEO Rewrite Rules does not working on my site, Where member posted thread link it does not Redirect new URL . Its Redirect to Home Page, Please can you look into about on this issue.

Old vBSEO URL /desi-picture/173166-a.html, Does not Redirect new URL /forum8/thread173166.html

I have uninstalled vbseo , So how i can get fixed on this issue ? With vBSEO importer can i get fixed only URL issue, I didnot want importe vBSEO Setting.

You are required to import your vBSEO URL formats into DBSEO, then manually change your URL formats back to your new format.

The URLs will then redirect. If you do not do this, then you will be unable to redirect your old vBSEO URLs to the new DBSEO format you want.

No, as long as the /vbseo/resources/xml/config.xml file is present (no other vBSEO files are needed) on your server, the importer will work :)

The mod does not have to be installed in the Product Manager page in order for the importer to work.

At a guess, the importer pulls your details from the vbseo/resources/xml/config.xml file

So if you have a backup of that file you might be able to just upload that file back to your server and then use the importer ???

I am not sure just trying to help :)

But you should of not removed VBSEO until you knew you was all good.

I personally MADE a backup of everything including my database, vbseo files, then started to PORT the mod over.

This is how I did it.

1) Backup Mysql, and your VBSEO folders
2) Turn off vbseo from the plugins page (DISABLE IT)
3) Install DBSEO via the instructions.
4) Once Installed goto the DBSEO Panel
5) Bottom Options you will see import VBSEO (Import)
6) Click it
7) Now go into the URLS sections of the DBSEO control panel and double check all your links are correct
8) Double check this by searching google for a thread that you know exists and click that thread via google it should then take you to the same page
9) if all good remove the VBSEO Files.
10) DO NOT UNINSTALL if you have the VBSEO Likes System working, you will need to either find another mod and if you unistall you could lose all the LIKES!!!

I personally have not uninstalled VBSEO, I have it SWITCHED OFF... at this time I need to work out something for the likes

But it worked fine for me and I have over 2 million posts so the importer works great!

Mick

Last edited:
1) Backup Mysql, and your VBSEO folders
2) Turn off vbseo from the plugins page.
3) Install DBSEO via the instructions.
4) Once Installed goto the DBSEO Panel
5) Bottom Options you will see import VBSEO Import
6) Click it
7) Now go into the URLS sections of the DBSEO control panel and double check all your links are correct
8) Double check this by searching google for a thread that you know exists and click that thread via google it should then take you to the same page
9) if all good remove the VBSEO Files.
10) DO NOT UNINSTALL if you have the VBSEO Likes System working, you will need to either find another mod and if you unistall you could lose all the LIKES!!!

I personally have not uninstalled VBSEO, I have it SWITCHED OFF... at this time I need to work out something for the likes

But it worked fine for me and I have over 2 million posts so the importer works great!

Mick

Hi Mike

Just a peer support needed:

I too did the above but landed up in blank forum home pages, excessive server load and redirect loops. So I disable dbseo till I get the support.

When you say keep vbseo for like system, do you mean keep vbseo enabled along side dbseo to continue getting like system active?

When you say keep vbseo for like system, do you mean keep vbseo enabled along side dbseo to continue getting like system active?
Doing this will definitely cause issues, so you should under no circumstances keep vBSEO and DBSEO enabled at the same time.

Yes I never had them enabled at the same time (that would be silly), I disabled VBSEO but left it in the products page disabled.

However I converted my likes from vbseo to the much better dragonbytes (thanks/likes) modification and have not looked back.

I removed VBSEO completely some time ago.

Regards
Mick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating