Bug Tags and Tag Cloud Completely Missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drahnier

Customer
I was originally thinking this wasn't an addon problem and asked about it on vB.com (info here: Tags Directory Missing? - vBulletin Community Forum ), but have since been directed here...

Essentially, my server seems to think that tags are non-existent. Trying to view the tag cloud sends me to 404 Not Found, which doesn't exist. Individual tags have been created (according to their hyperlinks) as 404 Not Found, and clicking on those gives me a server message telling me they don't exist. The server seems to be looking for a non-existent directory tree.

Additionally, within the last week or so, the auto-tagging does not appear to be functional. It says it is enabled.

I know DBSEO rewrites URLs, but what could be causing this? What should I look into to try and fix it? I took a look in the settings but didn't see anything naming directory paths for thread tags or anything like that.

This sounds like the .htaccess edits for DBSEO have not been correctly applied. Please double-check this.

This sounds like the .htaccess edits for DBSEO have not been correctly applied. Please double-check this.

I re-cut/pasted the .htaccess code from the readme file included with 1.4.8 into the .htaccess file at the web server's root folder (also vBulletin's root folder). Checked Apache's configs to ensure the .htaccess file was being read. Rebooted Apache.

No luck, still seems to do the same thing. Tried it on a thread created after editing/confirming everything, with manual tags, and still got the 404 errors.

Got this sorted today, there were errors in my Apache logs about it; the 404 error wasn't really a 404 and threw me off from looking in the right places!

If anyone else runs into this situation, here's how I solved it:

Apache's mod_mime needs to be told what types of files it can understand. PHP files, for some reason, weren't something mine was told to understand. This gave negotiation errors in the error log, and the failure gave a 404 to the request.

To manually add a filetype for mod_mime to read, go to your Apache mods config folder (/etc/apache2/mods-enabled) and look for mime.conf. Open this file and scroll down a bit, you should see a few uncommented lines that begin with "AddType". Add the following after those:

Code:
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

Save this file, overwriting the old one. Restart Apache and you should be good to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back