Status
Not open for further replies.

snake

Customer
So randomly for no reason sometimes the redirect page does not correctly block a user from viewing the forums. We have it set at the moment to limiting pageviews, so it should be an instant redirect as soon as they visit any page just once. It works for the most part except for very few occasions that we cant even seem to replicate which is strange. It seems like it is completely random, but when it does happen, a user is just directed to the forums without a redirect and is able to see everything without being logged in.

Also a second offtopic question: is there anyway to invite multiple users at a time a bit more efficiently through the admincp or some otherway?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Are there any patterns at all to the missing redirects, such as the page in question or the user in question? I really need some way to reproduce it if I'm going to be able to fix it :(

As far as I know there's no other methods of invitation, sorry :(

We realized its actually when the cache is cleared that a user can click on a page and not have the redirect work.

Can you please be more specific as to what cache you're talking about?

"Clear System Cache" in vBulletin? vB Optimise? Manual opcode cacher on the server?

I've looked into this and it seems that the redirects will only function up until the point where the user's session gets deleted from the database. By default, this happens every 900 seconds, or 15 minutes.

You can increase the Cookie Timeout in the vBulletin Options to work around this issue until we can re-write the code to use a different method of tracking redirect eligibility :)

Changing to feature request as behavior is intended but alternate behavior is desired.
snake, if you would kindly create a separate feature request for multiple invitations it would be greatly appreciated as it helps keep things organize and reminds the coder much more effectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.