Status
Not open for further replies.

Gladius

Customer
Hide Achievement Notifications
Hides newly aquired Achievements from the forum notifications system.
Hide Achievements from notifications
Hide Trophy Notifications
Hides newly aquired Trophies from the forum notifications system.
Hide Trophies from notifications
Hide Award Notifications
Hides newly aquired Awards from the forum notifications system.
Hide Awards from notifications

--
Ticking any or all of the boxes and hitting Save doesn't stick - the result page still has all of the options unticked.

I am unable to replicate this issue. Please ensure you have reverted all vbaa templates, and if that doesnt work then please check that the submit code for vb3 goes to vbactivity.php, with the "do" set to "options" and "action" set to "dooptions" I believe. im not at a computer so that I can give you more specific instructions at this time :(

Ensure the contents of the dbtech_vbactivity_options template is this:
HTML:
<form action="vbactivity.php" method="post">
<table class="tborder" cellpadding="$stylevar[cellpadding]" cellspacing="$stylevar[cellspacing]" border="0" width="100%" align="center">
<thead>
<tr>
    <td class="tcat">$vbphrase[dbtech_vbactivity_settings]</td>
</tr>
</thead>
<tbody>
    $optionbits

<tr>
        <td class="thead">$vbphrase[dbtech_vbactivity_general_settings]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td class="panelsurround" align="center">
        <div class="panel">
            <div style="width:$stylevar[formwidth_usercp]" align="$stylevar[left]">

<fieldset class="fieldset">
                    <legend><label for="sel_autocollapse_stats">{$vbphrase[dbtech_vbactivity_autocollapse_stats]}:</label></legend>
                    <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="$stylevar[formspacer]" border="0" width="100%">
                    <tr>
                        <td>{$vbphrase[dbtech_vbactivity_autocollapse_stats_descr]}</td>
                    </tr>
                    <tr>
                        <td>
                        <select class="bginput" name="autocollapse_stats" id="sel_autocollapse_stats" tabindex="1">
                            <option value="-1"{$selected[stats][-1]}>{$vbphrase[use_forum_default]}</option>
                            <option value="0"{$selected[stats][0]}>{$vbphrase[no]}</option>
                            <option value="1"{$selected[stats][1]}>{$vbphrase[yes]}</option>
                        </select>
                        </td>
                    </tr>                    
                    </table>
                </fieldset>

<fieldset class="fieldset">
                    <legend><label for="sel_autocollapse_bar">{$vbphrase[dbtech_vbactivity_autocollapse_bar]}:</label></legend>
                    <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="$stylevar[formspacer]" border="0" width="100%">
                    <tr>
                        <td>{$vbphrase[dbtech_vbactivity_autocollapse_bar_descr]}</td>
                    </tr>
                    <tr>
                        <td>
                        <select class="bginput" name="autocollapse_bar" id="sel_autocollapse_bar" tabindex="1">
                            <option value="-1"{$selected[bar][-1]}>{$vbphrase[use_forum_default]}</option>
                            <option value="0"{$selected[bar][0]}>{$vbphrase[no]}</option>
                            <option value="1"{$selected[bar][1]}>{$vbphrase[yes]}</option>
                        </select>
                        </td>
                    </tr>                    
                    </table>
                </fieldset>
            </div>
        </div>
        </td>
    </tr>
<tr>
    <td class="panelsurround" align="center">
    <div style="margin-top:$stylevar[cellpadding]px">
        <input type="submit" class="button" value="{$vbphrase[save_changes]}" tabindex="1" accesskey="s" />
        <input type="reset" class="button" value="{$vbphrase[reset_fields]}" tabindex="1" accesskey="r" />
        <input type="hidden" name="s" value="{$session[sessionhash]}" />
        <input type="hidden" name="securitytoken" value="{$bbuserinfo[securitytoken]}" />
        <input type="hidden" name="do" value="profile" />
        <input type="hidden" name="action" value="updateoptions" />
    </div>
    </td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</form>

I haven't modified it so I'm not sure how it could be anything else? Yea, the code's identical.

As for not being able to reproduce it - I think you need to look again. I've just reproduced it right here on your board. I ticked trophies and award notifications, hit Save and the result page still had them unticked.

I tried it here on this board and also on my 3.8 test board and I was unable to reproduce it. Please try switching to another browser.

It happens in all the browsers I have (3). I didn't even notice this one, a user reported it to me and I asked him to check it on a different browser myself; he's seen the same in 3 of them. Then I checked it and I could reproduce it myself as well. I can easily reproduce it here on your board as well. So I'm not sure how it could be possible that you can't, unless you're not doing it on the same page that I am.

For reference, it happens on this page: Settings - DragonByte Tech | vBulletin Mods & Addons

The boxes stay ticked after saving the changes? And just for the sake of clarity, it's only those 3 "Notification Settings" on that page, the others DO stay ticked...

Nevermind, I'm a dumbass. I was trying the display ones. I forgot that the two settings used separate systems.

I've put up a hotfix, you can re-download and re-upload the files and it'll work now.

My apologies :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBActivity & Awards

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings