Status
Not open for further replies.
so you mean like on this site, where you have the Notifications mod installed, when I do this, 'Notifications' will vanish at the top of the site right?
YES

And, the 'Setting' option, you say it is for the mod - which mod? Is it the 'Notification' mod? Not with you?

Yes it is DBT'S Notification mod that has that setting.

Thanks. At the moment at www.ukmoney.tv at the top you can see the 'Notification' option. This gives all sorts of notifications inclusing those related to vBActivity etc. Now, as we said, that once I have installed your Notifications mod the currently visible 'Notification' option at the top pf ukmoney.tv will vanish. So, where will all notifications, including vBActivity notificarions, then show up?

Thanks. At the moment at www.ukmoney.tv at the top you can see the 'Notification' option. This gives all sorts of notifications inclusing those related to vBActivity etc. Now, as we said, that once I have installed your Notifications mod the currently visible 'Notification' option at the top pf ukmoney.tv will vanish. So, where will all notifications, including vBActivity notificarions, then show up?

They will show up on the notifications bar at the bottom of the page as on DBTech =)

Thanks for that. Please tel me this: as a logged in member, under 'Settings',n on the left side under My Account you have these options:

Edit Connections
Permission Groups

Are both these options VB features or are they a part of one of your mods?

Regards.

Please let me have your response to the above. Thanks.

Edit Connections is when you have Enable Facebook Platform turned on in ACP

Permission Groups are usergroups you set up and make them Public (Joinable) Custom Usergroups

They will show up on the notifications bar at the bottom of the page as on DBTech =)

1 - I see, thanks. One of your mods which I currently have installed on my site is vBActivity. The notifications for this currently show up in the default 'Notifications' bit at the top of the site. Once I have installed your Notification mod, will the range of the notifications covered ny your mod increase dramatically?

I have read the description of this mod on your site, but, I can't figure out the obvious advantages your notifications mod will have over the default VB notifications bit.? Pleaee elaborate on the advantages that your mod will bring over the default VB notification set up.

2 - At the top of your site you have the Facebook Connect button. Doesn't this encourage people to migrate away from your own site to your page on Facebook? Or to Facebook generally? Or, please explain the advantage of the Facebook link/button.

Thanks.

1. Further to my last message above, it says in Shoutbox: "overhere has reached 100 shouts!* @ [20:41]" - But, despite me ticking all boxes in your Notification boxes in this site, no notification showed up in in any Notifications bar at the borttom of the page? Where is the notifications bar in any case?

2. Also, under Settings you have My Account > General Settings and under this you have options like Private Messaging > Receive Private Messages and Receive Friendship Request Email
Now, under 'Notifications', also under Settings, and which is ofcourse your own Notifications mod, you have similar options like Friend Requests.
if you choose, No to Receive Friendship Request Email in General Settings and Yes to Friend Requests in your Notifications, wwill the default VB wscript/notifications not ckash with your own Notification mod?

Thanks.

1) The vBNotifications system shows people immediately what type of notifications they have, as well as giving them a one click shortcut to view any of those notifications. It also gives them control over what notifications they will see (and when). The current vB system doesn't show what kind of notification you have without clicking it, and there is no way to dismiss it without visiting the notification page etc. David will be able to give you more info

2) I have never seen any negative effect from having the facebook connect button - as a general rule most sites don't see facebook as a direct competitor to their forum (if it was they would be out of business by now considering how pervasive facebook is =P)

Thanks - please respond to this line below:

1. Further to my last message above, it says in Shoutbox: "overhere has reached 100 shouts!* @ [20:41]" - But, despite me ticking all boxes in your Notification boxes in this site, no notification showed up in in any Notifications bar at the borttom of the page? Where is the notifications bar in any case?

Please bear in mind that bugs ARE common in Beta versions - it's why DBT apply's the Beta tag. If you are uncomfortable with bugs which may persist for lengths of time and/or impact in the use of the mod please do not install beta software, wait for the gold release.

ok thanks, will the gold version be released say, in 3 - 4 weeks?

(I plan to launch my site at the end of July).

Regards.

Thanks - please tell me this.

1. In this (your) posting form you have lesser features than the VB message posting form attached, file 'B'. in the VB posting form you have a whole row of posting/editing options like 'X2' (Subscript & Superscript etc.) directly below 'B' 'I' 'U' etc. But, on this page, above, you do not have this row of options? Also you do not have the feature 'Paste from Word' as seen in 'B'?

Is this something you have disabled in your site admin? Or is this row of options an add-on or a mod that comes with VB etc. which needs to be installed?

2. Vice versa, on this page, you have additional options like 'Wrap [CHARGE] tags around selected text' & 'Wrap tags around selected text' but the VB posting field does not have these options?

So, on your posting page, are these options, which you do not see in the VB posting area, a result of an add-on or an additional mod you may offer?

3. Also, when posting in VB, it 'auto-saves' messages as you are writing it, is this not activated on your site? Or, is this an additional VB add-on? (Not a default VB feature?).

Regards.

Attachments

• B.jpg
    B.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
1. That posting method you are using in the image is vB v4.1.3 this forum is still on vB v4.1.3

2. Any additional bbcodes that are on this site is from a modification DBT offers (charge tags is from vBCredits Delux II).

3. See number 1

You mean the image is from forum version vB4.1.4 and on this site it is still vB4.1.3, right?

If so, arn't you gonna up date your forum to vB4.1.4?

Thanks.

Correct.

DBT will be upgrading as soon as it works out some bugs with their post templates modification and the new CKEditor in 4.1.3.

Oh and 'WRAP [MENTIONS] tags' - I have this on my site so I assume its from one of your mods right, not a VB default feature? which mod is it?

Thanks. On my profile at my site I already have the option 'Mentions'. So, once i add your Notifications mod, you mean the option 'Quotes' will automatically appear?

'Mentions' which you see on the profile page - I already have this on my site, please tell me which DBT mod this is a part of?

I understand that once seovb installs your 'Notifications' mod that the 'Quotes' tab will appear on the profile page).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Random Questions

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back