Bug Email & Notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarab

Customer
Hello,

When I receive the email the sender is unknown!
+ the notification on the forum even if someone answer more then one question I get a message that only one new answer!
+ when I click the notification it don't open the answer tab, instead open visitor message tab!

Best regards,
Sarab

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "the notification on the forum even if someone answer more then one question I get a message that only one new answer"

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "the notification on the forum even if someone answer more then one question I get a message that only one new answer"
Here:
cba9e445bcae0a7a8f8a5f3b674f631b.png

See number " 1 "? that's doesn't change even if someone answer more then one question.

This is pretty much a non-issue as clicking the notification would display the correct content.

Sweety here we have three issue:

1- The email we receive for someone answer a question have the sender as " unknown " instead of the forum email address.

2- The notification on the forum always give number 1 even if there was more then one answer.

3-
This is pretty much a non-issue as clicking the notification would display the correct content.
here yes it should display the correct content but it doesn't, so it's what we call a "bug" so I report about it to get it fix.

I know that many programmers leaved you so the work became too much to handle, but that don't mean that there shouldn't be a scheduled for bugs fixed, I almost bought all your mods with lifetime licence even when I found the same type of mod else where free just to have a support on the long run, but for some reason I'm almost getting non support, many of the bugs or the thing you said it's not a bug, or essential function a mod lack I had to ask a freelancer to fix or do, and that don't make me very happy.

Right now I already have some mods I can't use because of some bugs as:
vbArcade
vbReview
DragonByte Forum Tabs

So let's be clear and tell me as a customer what support should I expect, since in the end we aren't an enemies and I'm not here to annoy you, and you are not here to make me suffer.

Best regards,
Sarab

I'm unable to find where the modification sends an email. Can you provide an example?

That means that I cannot find any instance where Random Questions sends an email, and you have not provided me with a sample email for me to search further. I cannot fix any email related issues if I am unable to find the source.

That means that I cannot find any instance where Random Questions sends an email, and you have not provided me with a sample email for me to search further. I cannot fix any email related issues if I am unable to find the source.
Like this:
6121b96874a5cf66eb03aafb0adfce18.png

?

it send the phrase:

dbtech_rq_email_title
dbtech_rq_email_body

That phrase does not exist in the latest version of the product, can you try re-downloading v2.0.1 from your Client Area and re-uploading all files, and re-importing the XML file?

I've looked through every single file with a fine-tooth comb and there are absolutely no email features in the latest version of the mod.

That phrase does not exist in the latest version of the product, can you try re-downloading v2.0.1 from your Client Area and re-uploading all files, and re-importing the XML file?

I've looked through every single file with a fine-tooth comb and there are absolutely no email features in the latest version of the mod.

I did and it really disappear and fixed the number I was getting =D

Now remain the tab on the profile don't open by itself, how to fix it?

I've added a potential hotfix to /dbtech/random_questions/hooks/notifications_list.php, can you please re-download v2.0.1 and re-upload that file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Random Questions

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back