Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, well i do feel this is a little pointless as it will of course work, you guy created this modification on a blank canvas. - I am however performing this action as requested, will report back with its success in due course.

When this works (which it will) what next, how can i fix my forum to use this modification? - what trouble shooting activities can i perform? - I really want to use this mod but cannot afford to lose any of my other mods, if that's where the conflict lies.

I have already performed these actions to no avail.

1. Tried rebuilding them - index.php?do=buildbitfields
  2. Disabled all but this modification.
  3. Uninstalled, uploaded files and reinstalled (countless times)
  4. Removed all files from includes/xml folder, but this modifications.

---------- Post added at 10:22 ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 ----------

Well, wel well.. i stand corrected, sorry.

On the fresh board, i see no options in usergroup or user.

I've updated the URL in first post.

I am using the lite version, downloaded from this site (not vb.org)

---------- Post added at 10:22 ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 ----------

Well, wel well.. i stand corrected, sorry.

On the fresh board, i see no options in usergroup or user.

I've updated the URL in first post.

I am using the lite version, downloaded from this site (not vb.org)

The "Website URL" field in the issue description still shows your live site so I cannot diagnose this based on that.

Please PM me with an FTP account and an AdminCP account for your fresh board and I'll see if I can figure it out :)

As per your PM, since you are unable to provide me access to the file system I will sadly be unable to diagnose this any further.

The one check I can perform without filesystem access (check for existing bitfields file) passed, which leaves me stranded when I can't gain access.

You may wish to speak with your host about creating a SFTP over SSH setup - most support agents including vBulletin will ask for filesystem access if they can't diagnose the problem :)

It's not possible to provide FTP access, as already stated our hosting company does not allow it an we use secure VPN from trusted MAC addresses.

I have however stated i am on MSN and can provide you will all the information you need.

An option would be to change my logmein password and allow you to connect to my laptop, providing you are on skype/msn/phone with me.

Unfortunately that's not feasible for us, we don't provide support over IM :(

If that is your host's policy and not something you instructed them to set up, then I would strongly recommend switching hosts, as SFTP over SSH is a staple of every single professional hosting company and is pretty secure in and of itself.

/facepalm - why are we now discussing my hosting, we are very happy with them, they provide support within minutes and we have been with them for over 6 years - lets no longer discuss this, thanks.

So, logmein and skype would not be an option for you to trouble shoot your product?

/facepalm - why are we now discussing my hosting, we are very happy with them, they provide support within minutes and we have been with them for over 6 years - lets no longer discuss this, thanks.

So, logmein and skype would not be an option for you to trouble shoot your product?

That's correct - unfortunately we simply don't have the time to try to work around odd or obtuse set ups to try to provide support, sorry.

Cosmic

That's correct - unfortunately we simply don't have the time to try to work around odd or obtuse set ups to try to provide support, sorry.

Cosmic
no offence, but... odd to obtuse? It's a tool used globally by all sorts of IT support companies - https://secure.logmein.com/about/ourcustomers.aspx

Using this tool would allow you, like the thousands of other support companies to diagnose an issue with your product, if indeed it is a problem you would be able to fix it for future releases - ensuring revenue and bringing awareness to your willingness to support, resolve and expand your customer base.

I am willing and able to help you diagnose this.

Last edited:
no offence, but... odd to obtuse? It's a tool used globally by all sorts of IT support companies - https://secure.logmein.com/about/ourcustomers.aspx

Using this tool would allow you, like the thousands of other support companies to diagnose an issue with your product, if indeed it is a problem you would be able to fix it for future releases - ensuring revenue and bringing awareness to your willingness to support, resolve and expand your customer base.

I am willing and able to help you diagnose this.

The standard method of support for our industry is FTP access - where security is an issue, it is SFTP over SSH.

It would be unproductive and unfair for us to attempt to re-arrange our support setup for the 1 in 10,000 or so users who refuse to follow the standard support method of the industry.

Fortunately, if it is in fact an issue with the product, someone else who is able to provide traditional access (e.g secure FTP access) will experience and report it and it will be resolved, but thank you for your offer.

Cosmic

I'm absolutly gutted you are unable to show willingness and flexability, I was really looked forwards to paying for and implementing this product on our forum.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and i'll await a future update in the hope that this is resolved.

No problem,

Unfortunately with any business you need to make a decision at some point on where to draw the line in terms of time spent vs benefit. In this instance setting a precedent of IM interaction and support in a non-tracked setting using non-standard methods is just not worth the potential benefit to such a tiny number of clients. You are the first person we have ever come across who is physically unable to accommodate an SFTP over SSH setup and changing our entire policy for one person is just not good practice. I strongly suspect the issue you are encountering is local to your setup since it hasn't been reported before and we were unable to replicate it, but hopefully i'm wrong and it's something that gets fixed in future.

Regards,

Cosmic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced User Tagging

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating