Status
Not open for further replies.

ClutchThese

Customer
When this mod is enabled users can not click "support the Developer'' and be directed to paypal. The page simply reloads. For an example, please go HERE. After you click support the developer, the page will reload.

I've gone into admincp and disabled that specific forum from user tagging, but doesn't resolve the issue. The mod has to be completely disabled for the support the dev to work.

Is there something i can do to get this working? Thank you for your time!

I see no such link on that page.

That being said, I suspect this could be related to the email mentioning - there has been a fix for that in the latest version (as of writing, v2.0.5). Please update to the latest version and see if that fixes the issue :)

DOh! I'm sorry. I should have looked at the versions. :)

I just installed this a couple weeks ago... didn't even think to check for an update.

I'll advise.

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:20 ----------

So i just upgraded my license to a lifetime, but that didn't fix it.

use these creds to login and view the button so you can click it and know what it's doing.
XXXXXXX

Last edited:
The problem is that that mod uses an incorrect link. The fact that the page reloads is correct behaviour according to the link that is presented on that page.

Please disable AUT so that I can inspect whether the structure of the link is different.

Can you enable that user to have Can Administer Products and Can Administer Styles admin perms so I can look at this in depth?

The issue is that that modification uses an incorrect method of including its JavaScript code (the MOD System - Forumdisplay Java Script plugin is coded entirely wrong) and as such it will conflict with a fair number of mods including other DBTech mods.

A workaround is to change AUT's "Navbar Link" plugin to process_templates_complete but that may cause the Home tab to stop working when used together with other mods.

If the Home tab ever does stop working, this compatibility patch is the reason.

A permanent fix would be for the authors of that mod to update it to use vB4 JS menus instead of legacy vB3 menus that will probably be removed in a future version of vB :)

Status
Not open for further replies.