Status
Not open for further replies.

joroom

Customer
Hello

First, thank you for the great mods.

I am facing some problems with the DragonByte Tech: Advanced User Tagging (Lite) 3.0.6 mod.

Whenever i enable it, i cannot access some specific profile pages. It is giving me a blank page on firefox and an internal server error page on chrome.

I have tried:

1. uninstalling then installing
2. switching to the default theme
3. emptying the mod database then re-installing
4. checking the files permission on the folder to see if smthg is wrong

None of the above worked.

If i disable the plugin, the pages work perfectly.

Do you have any other suggestion i can try ?

Thanks

You need to check your error_log (if you're running Apache, other web servers may vary). If you're running a cPanel based host, do not trust the error_log displayed to you in cPanel, it often does not correctly display these errors.

On CentOS systems, it's located in /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log - other systems may vary. Please contact your host if you can't find this file or need help accessing it.

You need to check your error_log (if you're running Apache, other web servers may vary). If you're running a cPanel based host, do not trust the error_log displayed to you in cPanel, it often does not correctly display these errors.

On CentOS systems, it's located in /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log - other systems may vary. Please contact your host if you can't find this file or need help accessing it.

Been battling with the same issue myself for a while now.

Posting large posts in certain threads (can't figure out why some cause the problem while others don't) throw php out of memory errror..

Here's a log excerpt :

[Mon Apr 29 16:10:55 2013] [error] [client 89.44.116.221] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 41 bytes) in /XXX/dbtech/usertag/actions/parse/mention.php on line 72, referer: AMD 7970m - modified VBIOS - Page 49

i've already increased the php memory up to 128 mb but the issue remains.

Running vbulletin 4.2.1 with Mentions plugin 3.0.6

Last edited:
Can you check your Minimum Username Length setting in vBulletin Options? Ideally, it should be set to 3 - any less, and that may be a cause for this issue.

Does it only happen when a specific username is mentioned?

No.. acutally, it even happens when the post text doesn't have @. In general big posts (more than 7-8 lines of text) cause that behavior.
I was able to prove it's this plugin trying to post with it - getting the error, disabling the plugin and posting again without an issue.

That makes negative 17 amount of sense... The code that's causing the error should not run if there's no @ anywhere in the post.

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

That makes negative 17 amount of sense... The code that's causing the error should not run if there's no @ anywhere in the post.

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

Ok, users created and pm sent.

I've discovered the problem: It's the user "@5150". Mentioning this user seems to return every single user in your database (over 10k) which, when building user info for all of them, overloads the memory.

I'll post back when I've found a solution :)

Update: This should now be fixed for you :)

The fix will be uploaded to the release package shortly in case you ever need to reinstall the mod.

I've discovered the problem: It's the user "@5150". Mentioning this user seems to return every single user in your database (over 10k) which, when building user info for all of them, overloads the memory.

I'll post back when I've found a solution :)

nice, but i do see that i can post the problematic message without problems now.
Did you leave a temporary fix ?

quick question, i tried text comparing 3.0.6 original against the files in our forum and i can't seem to find your fix. would you mind pm'ing me more or less what was changed ?

You won't find the changes because I already uploaded the fix to the release package of 3.0.6 :p

It was 2 lines changed in /dbtech/usertag/includes/class_core.php - in function queryList.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced User Tagging

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back