Bug Advanced User Tagging 3.3.0 Lite, not send mail notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonder

Hello.
A few days ago, I was installed this in vb 4.2.5 with php 7.1
The first day, send notification when user are quoted or mentioned with @.
Like my forum is in other language than english, I was made the translation phrases for my language in adminpc-prahses and the prhases of mail of Advanced User Tagging, I was made the translations for my language.

I don't know if its since this moment, also, in the same day, I was install other mod with desktop notifications based in OneSignal.

But since a few days ago, I don't received the emails from Advanced User Tagging.

I review the config, re-upload the files and reinstall the .xml, but the problem persist.

Thanks and regards.

I continue the tests and think that I view the "problem".
If admin user quote or hashtag to another admin user, yes, received mail notification about this.
But it quoted or hashtag to other "normal" user, not received mail notification.
If quoted or hashtag between "normal" users, not received mail notification.
Only received mail notification if quoted, cite or hashtag between admins users.

I check all permissions groups, don't view any for cause this.

Thanks and regards.

Can you please double-check if the members have the "receive emails from administrators" option ticked in their UserCP?

Hello.
Yes, I check this users that I quoted or mentioned with @ (hashtag) that not received mail notification of this, and yes, have check for received emails from administrators.
Regards.

These are the two checks:
PHP:
$cansendemail = ($vbulletin->options['enableemail'] AND ($userinfo['permissions']['genericpermissions'] & $vbulletin->bf_ugp_genericpermissions['canemailmember']) AND !($vbulletin->options['dbtech_usertag_disabledemails'] & 1));
$canreceiveemail = (($usertaginfo['adminemail'] OR $usertaginfo['showemail']) AND ($vbulletin->options['dbtech_usertag_emaildefault'] ? !($usertaginfo['dbtech_usertag_settings'] & 128) : ($usertaginfo['dbtech_usertag_settings'] & 128)));

In English, emails care only sent if all of these are true:
  • Email is globally enabled (across all of vB)
  • The person mentioning the other user has permission to email other members
  • The Mention emails are not disabled in the vBulletin Options
  • The recipient receives admin email
  • The recipient has not opted out of receiving Mention emails
My guess is it's the second; that emailing other members is not available.

These are the two checks:
PHP:
$cansendemail = ($vbulletin->options['enableemail'] AND ($userinfo['permissions']['genericpermissions'] & $vbulletin->bf_ugp_genericpermissions['canemailmember']) AND !($vbulletin->options['dbtech_usertag_disabledemails'] & 1));
$canreceiveemail = (($usertaginfo['adminemail'] OR $usertaginfo['showemail']) AND ($vbulletin->options['dbtech_usertag_emaildefault'] ? !($usertaginfo['dbtech_usertag_settings'] & 128) : ($usertaginfo['dbtech_usertag_settings'] & 128)));

In English, emails care only sent if all of these are true:
  • Email is globally enabled (across all of vB)
  • The Mention emails are not disabled in the vBulletin Options
My guess is it's the second; that emailing other members is not available.
Hello Fillip.
The first, yes, I have globally enabled email (across all of vb).
About 2 and 4:
Attach a image, I made change in this option (one user for test don't was have enabled can send mail to other members)

1.jpeg

But a question, if enabled this option (user permission to email other members) I don't want that, the users can send emails by forum.
For test, I enabled this option for one user test (normal user) and now, when this member hashtag to me, yes, I received email notification (I'm admin) but if I hashtag to this user, not, not received mail notification.

About last option:
I don't view on change this, is in the pro version?

Again, thank you very much for your attention and help!

I forgot, by default, I have this option to No, like indicate, I don't want the users send mails by forum:
2.jpeg

Updated:
My apologies, after this changes yes, now, I received this mails notifications when quote or hashtag, but a user was informing me that he did not receive them ... it turned out he was looking at another email ...:eek:
But he did not know that the users have to have activated the option of being able to receive emails from other users, this option did not know it, thanks for the indications.
Last doubt:

Its in version pro only?

Again, thanks and regards.

Hello @Wonder,

We hope your ticket regarding Advanced User Tagging has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced User Tagging

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating