Question How to set the Editor to Quick-Reply-Mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sz1

Customer
Hi,

I´d like to set the editor for writing the descriptions in vBDownloads to be in quick-reply mode. I don´t want the users to be able to switch in the advanced mode, because of several features I don´t want to be used in descriptions. How do I set it?

Regards
SZ

Open dbtech/downloads/actions/editdownload.php

Find line

PHP:
    $editorid = construct_edit_toolbar($message, false, 'nonforum', true, true, false, 'fe');

replace with

PHP:
    $editorid = construct_edit_toolbar($message, false, 'nonforum', true, true, false, 'qr');

Open dbtech/downloads/actions/upload.php

Find line

PHP:
$editorid = construct_edit_toolbar(" ", false , 'nonforum', true, true, false, 'fe');

replace with

PHP:
$editorid = construct_edit_toolbar(" ", false , 'nonforum', true, true, false, 'qr');

That should do it.

Sorry but I have to digg this one out. If I try to upload a hole new file or to edit an existing description, it says to me that I´m missing required fields and I have to go back. If I do so, the content I´ve written or added in the editor in qr-mode is gone.

Seems like I didn´t test it correctly ;(

Regards
SZ

Last edited:
What version of downloads are you using? I'll see if I can find out what's causing that, might just be a difference in the requirements between the full and quick editors.

Yeah, the editor name changes which will screw up the script. Give this a try, if it doesn't work then I don't think it'll be possible right now. It'd need to be a feature request to go into the next version.

Open dbtech/downloads/actions/editdownload.php

Find line

PHP:
    $editorid = construct_edit_toolbar($message, false, 'nonforum', true, true, false, 'fe');

replace with

PHP:
    $editorid = construct_edit_toolbar($message, false, 'nonforum', true, true, false, 'qr', 'vB_Editor_001');

Open dbtech/downloads/actions/upload.php

Find line

PHP:
$editorid = construct_edit_toolbar(" ", false , 'nonforum', true, true, false, 'fe');

replace with

PHP:
$editorid = construct_edit_toolbar(" ", false , 'nonforum', true, true, false, 'qr', 'vB_Editor_001');

See if that one works

You´re the best!! Works great! Thanks a lot!

Would be a nice feature. I needed it to be set as quick-reply-editor because I´ve got several custom bbcodes and especially a custom quick-commands-menu which mess up everything when you´re uploading or editing a file. To avoid such incompatibilities and make it less confusing, the use of the qr-editor is the best solution for me and probably others too.

Regards
SZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDownloads

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating