Status
Not open for further replies.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
vBArcade only supports games from third-party sources. Each source has a specific format that it arranges the games that it makes available.

Making vBArcade duplicate these specific formats makes no sense, when you could have simply kept the original game before importing into vBArcade.

Having vBArcade generate its own format makes no sense either, because only another installation of vBArcade could understand it.
Even this makes no sense, because the other installation of vBArcade could understand the games imported from their original source formats already, so you could have transferred them that way.

So until vBArcade has its own game supported format (unlikely), I see no reason to include a download function in vBArcade.

Make Games Downloadable in the VBArcade

Hmm, a feauture that i've been missing since a change from IBP to Vbulletin Arcade Systems.

Just looking around but i can't find that.

Just a link for downloading the local installed Games like V3Arcade,IBProarcade. Just in the IBProArcade Standard or in VBArcade Files.
gamename.php
gamename gifs
gamename swf Files in a tarball.

generated by clicking on the download link

exclude the portalgames from mochi and all the others :D
Is that possible for you ?

Or is there a addon for VBArcade that can do this ?

Thanks in Advance

vBArcade only supports games from third-party sources. Each source has a specific format that it arranges the games that it makes available.

Making vBArcade duplicate these specific formats makes no sense, when you could have simply kept the original game before importing into vBArcade.

Having vBArcade generate its own format makes no sense either, because only another installation of vBArcade could understand it.
Even this makes no sense, because the other installation of vBArcade could understand the games imported from their original source formats already, so you could have transferred them that way.

So until vBArcade has its own game supported format (unlikely), I see no reason to include a download function in vBArcade.

Hmm, i think u have missunderstand me....

The idea behind that is to make games for other webmasters which have a arcade like vbarcade,ibproarcade accessable in a easy way.

Like a game ? Click download and the tarball will be generated. In the gamesettings is a field like Scoresystem. So the script can look at this and make the files ready.
So the games can be install to another Arcadesystem.
Is there any game special for VBArcade ? Hmm i think no. But for IBProarcade and VAcarde. Look at ibpArcade Downloads - Arcade ..They have more than 10000 Games. But not all Admins will pay for downloading.

Hmm...But it's your decision.

Oh by the way : Is there any Limit for Games in the VBArcade ? At this TIme i have more than 5000 installed ;D

No no limit on the amount of games, when I had mine up and running I had just over 31,000

The difference between ibproarcade and vbarcade in this regard, is that ibproarcade DOES have a game format specifically made for it. So it makes sense that that arcade generates ibproarcade game files for download. It doesnt generate v3 arcade download files... Besides, because you already have the tar files (because you used them to import into vbarcade), why not just... provide those same files to people who wish to download them? There are many ways to secure who can access them, if thats what you are worried about (may I suggest dbtech's vBDownloads?)

You are right. IBProarcade generates Native IBProarcade Download Files. But almost all other Arcade Plattforms can work with it. And why ? I think thats beacause IBProArcade has the nost games ported. IMHO

Sure a way to provide the files , is put them into a download database. VBDownloads or DownloadsII .
But thats more Work todo for the Webmaster. Copy over or upload them into the download area. The easies step but the longest.
Setup many Categories , with many groups for permission control.
Put Screenshots in there to see what u get :)
And , for some people : The webspace that is need for holding the gamefiles twice.

But ok, i understand you. Its more work to do in programing. So no chance to get it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.