Status
Not open for further replies.

Bravo

Customer
Not having a "install" directory give his error on top of the Security Recommendation page.

Code:
Warning: scandir(/home/*/public_html/vb/install) [function.scandir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/*/public_html/vb/dbtech/vbsecurity/actions/admin/security.php on line 180

Warning: scandir() [function.scandir]: (errno 2): No such file or directory in /home/*/public_html/vb/dbtech/vbsecurity/actions/admin/security.php on line 180

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/*/public_html/vb/dbtech/vbsecurity/actions/admin/security.php on line 181

Last edited:
Ah, I didnt think anyone would not have an install dir as a file in there is required for some vBulletin functionality. ill fix it for 1.0.2 :)

Ah, I didnt think anyone would not have an install dir as a file in there is required for some vBulletin functionality. ill fix it for 1.0.2 :)

Really? My vb works fine.

I googled it, seems its safe to delete the dir.

Last edited:
In the Repair / Update Counters, the "Fix Broken Indexes" feature requires ./install/mysql-schema.php (which is why you don't see a carte blanche to delete the install dir in the recommendation) :)

Ah I see.

---------- Post added at 11:55 ---------- Previous post was at 00:00 ----------

FYI

I updated to 1.0.2 and that message no longer appears, only thing now is I get a Red X and not the Check mark.

X The following folders and/or files should be deleted from your ./install directory:

Last edited:
I'm unable to confirm that, it works fine on my local. What PHP version are you running?

Do you have access to an easy way of switching PHP version (such as EasyApache on WHM) and would be willing to try PHP 5.3?

Well how do I start?

I updated to 5.3.8 which took forever!!!!!! and the forum breaks, due to "Depreciated" functions. Lucky the message was specific on one of them which I just disabled temporary. But now I get

Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated in /home/**/public_html/vb/forum.php(643) : eval()'d code on line 10

Which I cant narrow down, and currently broke the vbshout box.

oh and to finish it off, Still get the same error. I even made a install dir and put a index.html in there to see if that helps but nope.. still looks like the image above expect now it says
  • index.html

You have a bad plugin then, and if that didn't help vBSec either then you might as well revert.

I'm entirely out of ideas at this point, once you have reverted to 5.2 please PM me with FTP and an AdminCP account with Super Admin perms so that I can access vBSec :)

I might leave it on 5.3.8 if I can find the bad plugin, any hints how I can take that info and find it?

forum.php(643) : eval()'d code on line 10

If I cant find it then Ill revert and send you the requested info

Disable each plugin that uses forumhome_complete hook, then re-enable them one-by-one until you find the offender :)

Found it :) I searched for "split(" in phpmyadmin and saw one using that hook and disabled it.

I got to leave for a few, so we'll pick this up when I come back.

Thanks

---------- Post added 17th December 2011 at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was 12th December 2011 at 16:46 ----------

I updated to 4.1.9 and it seems to work now, I guess cause the install dir was completely upload?

Anyway the only problem I see is that the mod wants you to delete "index.html" also, doing that would allow people to view the content of that directory though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBSecurity

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings