Status
Not open for further replies.

Vcize

Customer
Today, I began getting this error on the main page of my forum:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 15854497 bytes) in /home/cod247/public_html/vboptimise/core/class_operator_filecache.php on line 48

This appeared to be only on forumhome, any direct links to threads or subforums worked fine. After disabling vb optimise the error goes away and forumhome loads as normal.

Memory limit is already 128mb which I believe is as high as it can be safely set.

URL: cod247.com

This is not a bug, if you cache too much and you're not willing to set the memory limit higher then it is going to run out of memory - that's a limitation of the file cache.

There's no way to know ahead of time what cache element will trigger the error either unfortunately :(

I suggest either disabling some cache elements, or install an opcode cacher like APC.

woh!, just looked at the COD forum. Very impressed with the amount of users:-

Currently Active Users: 63242 (171 members and 63071 guests)

Very busy forum. Are you running a bit of serious kit to support that many users?

Hope you get your caching sorted. I did use APC a while back and it did help, fairly easy to install. Personally I prefer XCache, as on my install of APC it was running about 8 instances of it which I couldn't control.

Status
Not open for further replies.