Status
Not open for further replies.

bzcomputers

Customer
I just turned on image comments and can't seem to get it to work. Clicking "Add Comment" button does not do anything. Permissions seem to work fine for showing/not showing the "Leave Comment" section but comments will not save.

I have my gallery residing outside of the root, could this be the issue?

Yeah, it's looking for the editor files in the gallery directory instead of the forum directory. Could I get temp admin on the account you gave me to take a look at the settings?

Yes.

PHP:
$forum_directory = '/home/xxxxxx/public_html/forum';

Without the change the page would not render because it could not locate global.php.

Last edited:
I can replicate the problem now, trying to fix it on my local dev. Sorry it took a bit, had to tweak my local system to work like that. I just wanted to let you know I didn't forget about you :)

I seem to have same issue as cruisin. the comments aint showing and permission is ok i think?
:)

Do you have it running on a sub domain as well?
I'm having a problem getting the editor to load the scripts from the forum directory instead of the sub domain gallery directory.

cruisin, would I be able to get access with an admin account and ftp?
I've been trying but I can't get it to work correctly on my dev box running as a subdomain.

cruisin, would I be able to get access with an admin account and ftp?
I've been trying but I can't get it to work correctly on my dev box running as a subdomain.

Sorry, missed the post. Yes, if you still need ftp access I can send. The vB account I set up for you still should have admin priv.

This might fix your situation as well bengtarne
If you want to try it

Open dbtech/gallery/clientscript/gallery.js
Find
PHP:
            if (!done)
            {
            var editor = CKEDITOR.instances.vB_Gallery_Editor_editor;
            editor.setData('');
            done = true;
        }

Replace with

PHP:
//            if (!done)
//            {
//            var editor = CKEDITOR.instances.vB_Gallery_Editor_editor;
//            editor.setData('');
//            done = true;
//        }

After that clear your browser cache and try. Just refreshing probably wont refresh the script and it will load the old code.

Let me know if that works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.