Status
Not open for further replies.

stig

Customer
  • Alternate Coloured Lines - Not Working - All the same colour
  • Users unable to over-ride Icons setting - goes to a blank page after change (profile.php) and nothing appears to be changed
  • Changing font size makes no difference at all
  • Some users unable to post in second instance, although posts are recorded in the log
  • No option in forums manager to turn notifications on and off
  • "No Auto Idle" option does not work

I've updated to latest VB, upgraded VBShout several times (no errors seen).

Here's a little more info...

WRT shouts not appearing in the second instance..

If I use the "Hide Avatars" over-ride, I don't get shouts in the FIRST instance either..

And the "Hide Avatars" option is working for other users..

• Alternate Coloured Lines - Not Working - All the same colour
  • Users unable to over-ride Icons setting - goes to a blank page after change (profile.php) and nothing appears to be changed
  • Changing font size makes no difference at all
  • Some users unable to post in second instance, although posts are recorded in the log
  • No option in forums manager to turn notifications on and off
  • "No Auto Idle" option does not work

I've updated to latest VB, upgraded VBShout several times (no errors seen).
Could you please PM me with FTP info and AdminCP info and I will look into this for you :)

Sorry Fillip,

Before I saw your post I reverted to an older version, had problems, uninstalled, installed fresh..

Now I'm getting the infernal "loading..."

In the Error console in Firefox I get :$.proxy is not a function:

When I click on that I get :

// Initial shouts fetcing
this.get = setInterval($.proxy(this, 'timer'), 1000);

Any suggestions please?

That has been fixed in v5.4.1, though you might as well wait because 5.4.2 will be available within a minute :)

Please try flushing any cache systems or reverting any templates.

The code no longer exists as of 5.4.1 so it's not possible that it's still giving the same error :p

you're absolutely right.. my copy-over failed it seems..

All seems OK now, thank you very much :)

I have to go out, will play some more later..

Cheers,
Dave

OK.. I'm back :)

Couple more things I've noticed..

When I try to add a new chatroom, it fails and gives : A required field called creator is missing or has an invalid value.

And where do I select forums for notifications? I'm not seeing anything in the forum manager.

The "Enable Active Users Block" option does nothing in a second instance.

Edit : The Font Size dropdown appears to do nothing in IE(8) ..

And here's a good one :)

Edit : In all instances, when you hit "Save" on the top set of options (About the permissions area) it clears out ALL permissions, and you have to re-edit them again.

Edit: When users in the first instance hit a "Post" event (IE 50 posts), they get a brief glimpse of the second instance - in my case a moderators private box..

Cheers,
Dave

Last edited:
When I try to add a new chatroom, it fails and gives : A required field called creator is missing or has an invalid value.
Been fixed in the latest hotfix :)

And where do I select forums for notifications? I'm not seeing anything in the forum manager.
The "Notifications" link in the AdminCP.

The "Enable Active Users Block" option does nothing in a second instance.
I've uploaded another hotfix for that :)

Edit : The Font Size dropdown appears to do nothing in IE(8) ..
With the browser mode set to IE9 Standards it works fine. Unfortunately I've been unable to fix it for lower versions of IE :(

Edit : In all instances, when you hit "Save" on the top set of options (About the permissions area) it clears out ALL permissions, and you have to re-edit them again.
Only if you're running Suhosin, and that is because they are separate forms :)

Edit: When users in the first instance hit a "Post" event (IE 50 posts), they get a brief glimpse of the second instance - in my case a moderators private box..
I've unfortunately been unable to verify this, so there's nothing I can do about it :(

Closing this because it's becoming unmanageable with 10+ issues in one thread :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings