Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrus

Customer
I mentioned this at the end of another thread, but I thought it best to give it its own thread.

I've created a 10-question quiz. It's a multiple choice quiz. Each question has one answer marked as "correct" and the correct answer is worth 1 point while the incorrect ones are worth zero.

Problem is, every time I take it I score 0% despite knowing I've answered all the questions correctly.

I've attached a couple of screens. First shows one of the questions (they're all set up like that) so you can see how I have the questions set up. The second shows the results screen.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 6
  • nilpoint.jpg
    nilpoint.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 7
Could you please create and PM me with a temporary account that has access to take and modify quizzes?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues. It should ideally be a temporary account created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the account can access the controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it

Could I get FTP access? There's some weird things going on and I don't know why. When you view the quiz, even after you take it, it's asking if you want to continue the quiz, like you already have one waiting. It should be asking if you want to take a quiz.

Could I get FTP access? There's some weird things going on and I don't know why. When you view the quiz, even after you take it, it's asking if you want to continue the quiz, like you already have one waiting. It should be asking if you want to take a quiz.

Sent via PM.

I'm getting a bit closer to figuring it out. If you don't order the answers it doesn't seem to match up correctly. Out of the 11 questions I set them all to have an order and set them all to 10 points each. The total possible does show as 110 which is right but when I answer 5 right it only shows as 20 points right which isn't right. I'll keep looking.

ok, I figured out the problem, it was a template issue. The sort field was pushing the data to the answer worth and vice versa. I fixed the template and the answers on that quiz, took it and answered the first 5 questions right and got 50 out of 110 points as expected. Let me know if it works as expected now for you or if you have any other questions.

So it seems to be working correctly. There are a number of fairly ugly layout problems though - such as the one attached here.

Attachments

• unaligned.jpg
    unaligned.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.