Status
Not open for further replies.

Madhatterr

Customer
I've installed and configured VBMail and set up a test mailing list. I composed a mail and sent it to my list, it said it sent them all fine and I received no errors. However, checking the e-mails on my list there is no mail there.

I'm lost as to what setting I have wrong. (We have the mail for our domain set up to use Google Apps and I followed their web instructions for POP/IMAP settings.)

Not a bug, you need to refresh your vBulletin pages a few times in order to kickstart the mail sending queue. It will send x number (by default, 10) mails per page load.

How many refreshes does it usually take? I changed that default 10 to 500 on initial setup of this mod. My test list only has 15 or so e-mails on it and it hasn't gone out to any of them in the last hour or so since I sent the mail. I've been doing other things on my site, reading threads and posting so maybe I'm unsure what you mean by refreshing the pages?

Any page load will do, setting the number too high could cause slowdowns on page load though.

In either case, we tell vBulletin to handle actually executing the mail queue, so unless you observed the mailqueue page displaying "skipped" messages then the mails were in fact queued :)

So I disabled SMTP and told it to use the internal php function instead. According to the user's manual I had thought it was required to use the SMTP. Is this going to cause issues when I send out the larger batch to my entire site instead of just the small test group?

Also, is there a place to ask questions about the html mail composing side? It doesn't seem to be recognizing my <body> tag element.

It's not required to use SMTP, but SMTP sending is more reliable (provided the correct values are entered, that is :p)

You can use the email sending function on the Diagnostics page to test your config.

---
You don't need to use <body>, just do the rest of your HTML.

Keep in mind that you're still limited to the same kind of HTML as vBulletin allows, which means no JS code - or any other form of script.

Thank you for pointing out that diagnostic feature, I didn't know it was there.

I can get individual divs to have black backgrounds but they don't piece together well (they leave gaps) unless I have the body bgcolor set black (which works in my html tester) but didn't on my test e-mail that I managed to send out.

edit: I was able to adjust my SMTP settings slightly with the diagnostics tool and it's now working :)

Last edited:
No?

Well yes perhaps I should ;) I'll go make that change and test it again.

edit:

Added appropriate <html> , <header> tags and on my test mail I'm still getting a white gap. I'll include a screenshot

newsletter.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like your HTML isn't semantically valid, please post a Pastebin with it so I can look into it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBMail

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings