Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajan Thomas

Customer
We are facing a few issues with the Advanced Thanks/Like mod.

Users can click on more than one button inspite of assigning exclusivity such that no user can click on more than one button on any post on our forum.

Its been setup such that at any point a user can click only one button, but few people have found a work around it. Here are a few ways to do it:

1. Click 2 buttons as quickly as possible. A vote gets counted on both like and thanks.
2. Click 1 button on a post, click Back on your browser, click another button and both like and thanks show up again.
3. Open the same post in two different tabs. In tab 1 click like and in tab 2 click thanks.

Ideally what should happen is when a user tries to click a 2nd button in any of the above 3 methods, it should display an error message instead of casting multiple votes on different buttons.

Here is an example of a post with both like and thanks from the same user, though the settings shouldn't allow a user to click more than one button at any point of time.
http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?1001-Wildlife-Nature-Thread&p=100019&viewfull=1#post100019

See how the user Wildweasel has thanked and liked the same post.

A sincere request to look into this issue asap. We use the points allotted to the like and thanks button to determine our usergroup promotions and reputation. A bug like this could lead to the reputation system being severely mis-used.

Thanks in advance.

Can you try re-downloading the mod? I think I've hotfixed it, but I'm not sure - there was a similar issue reported some time ago and I believe I fixed it then.

Missed a small step in 2.

Click on Like first. Then hit the back button on your browser. Then go forward again on your browser. Now you see all the buttons appear again. Click thanks now and you will see that both like and thanks will appear ;)

Shall re-install and confirm if the issues still persist in a bit.

Thanks for the prompt action being taken to resolve this. Highly appreciated.

Guess I spoke a bit too early. Though the earlier reported issue was fixed, the new changes brought a new issue with it.

Members are now unable to click any of the buttons. If you click a button, the Reputation button, report post button, IP address button etc move to the right by a bit and then move to their original positions. Nothing else happens. We undid the fix you provided today and the problem disappeared.

The same fixes were applied to this forum and I've been unable to confirm that problem on this site. I don't currently have access to my testing environment so I can't test it further than that at the moment, I'm afraid :(

Fillip H. - With the new fix, some users aren't able to click on any of the buttons for a set of random users only. There is no definite pattern to this, but due to several complaints that users weren't able to thank/like the posts we had to go back to the earlier version. Now users can click both thanks and likes for the same post.

Would be nice if you could test it on our forum. Let us know what time you would be free to have a look so that we can re-install the updated version so that you can see if you can reproduce the bug and find a solution to it.

Unless there's way to reliably reproduce it there's unfortunately nothing I can do :(

Does it always affect the same users? If so, could you tell me what they have in common (i.e. usergroups, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced Post Thanks / Like

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back