Status
Not open for further replies.

hornstar

Customer
Since I am moving to XF, I will sadly be missing many of my awesome dbtech mods, however I really don't want to lose all the thanks/likes from dbtech.

I believe if I can get all the thanks/likes moved into the rep system, than the xf importer will import them.

I have code on how to do it for the other thanks mod on vb.org:

Code:
INSERT INTO reputation (postid, userid, reputation, whoadded, reason, dateline)
	SELECT pt.postid, p.userid, 1, pt.userid, '', pt.date
	FROM post_thanks AS pt
	LEFT JOIN post AS p ON (p.postid = pt.postid);

What would I need to change in that code to make it work for both thanks/likes to be converted?

At this time we don't have any specific plans to march into xenForo with gusto; here's a post from our Managing Director about the situation: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/f8/whats-next-dbtech-xenforo-10688/#post59690 - there's also other posts in this thread from himself giving more details.
Okay. Lets pretend I am not moving to xenforo and staying with vb. I no longer want to use the thanks and likes and want to go back to the rep system in vb. I'd like the thanks and likes to be moved back to the vb rep system.
Can you help with that query :) (just need to modify the query in the first post)

Code:
INSERT INTO reputation (postid, userid, reputation, whoadded, reason, dateline)
	SELECT contentid, receiveduserid, 1, userid, 'Thanks', dateline
	FROM dbtech_thanks_entry
	WHERE contenttype = 'post'
		AND varname = 'thanks'

You can alter the rep amount (1), reason (Thanks) and varname (thanks) to import from other buttons and set the correct values that you had set in the APTL interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.