Status
Not open for further replies.

braindg

Hi all,

Currently testing this product on test site - for some reason the mentions have stopped giving notifications, the quoting works fine.

I've resinstalled the package an tried on default template, still nothing.

What should i be looking out for, what would cause that to stop and not quotes? - It was working when i installed it initially, started development on other items on site and now its stopped.

Thanks.
B

Last edited:
Check the contents of these two columns in the user table for a user that is certain to have received some mentions, and post their contents here:
- dbtech_usertag_mentioncount
- dbtech_usertag_settings

Also, just noticed that in usergroup manager, there is no options for permissons..

I already uninstalled and reinstaled.

---------- Post added at 13:33 ---------- Previous post was at 13:32 ----------

Check the contents of these two columns in the user table for a user that is certain to have received some mentions, and post their contents here:
- dbtech_usertag_mentioncount
- dbtech_usertag_settings

ok, will do.

They dont exist?

Ill try uninstalling again and check DB...

Attachments

• 21-03-2012 13-39-23.png
    21-03-2012 13-39-23.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 42
Please check the user table for those columns. You are currently browsing tables, I need you to browse to the user table and check its columns.

Hi,

I did an uninstall and a reinstall, those two tables were not created.

I had a look in upload\dbtech\usertag\install, couldnt see any creates?

I'm testing the lite version btw.

Attachments

• 21-03-2012 13-48-54.png
    21-03-2012 13-48-54.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 21-03-2012 13-49-36.png
    21-03-2012 13-49-36.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 7
I'm not sure how else I can explain it to you, sorry :(

What I am asking you for is not a table, they are columns in the "user" table.

Sorry, was skimming your response..

k, so, some further testing and the results you asked for.

admin(40) can send mentions to registered users (29) and members (10)
registered (29) can send to members (10) but not Admin(40)
members (10) can send to registered (29) but not admin(40)

21-03-2012 14-23-12.png

Don't forget that for some reason i cannot see the permissions options in usergroup or user within admincp.

Sorry, was skimming your response..

k, so, some further testing and the results you asked for.

admin(40) can send mentions to registered users (29) and members (10)
registered (29) can send to members (10) but not Admin(40)
members (10) can send to registered (29) but not admin(40)

View attachment 2170
Are you using a modification that alters the default vBulletin notification system? There is nothing in my code that would prevent notifs from showing in your case.

Don't forget that for some reason i cannot see the permissions options in usergroup or user within admincp.
Sounds like your forum is unable to correctly detect new bitfield files, or you forgot to upload the /includes/xml folder to your forum :)

Well, all the XML files in includes are showing in Admincp, what's not showing is the usergroup or user userpermissions, as per your online instructions.

I rebuild the bitfields, just incase - no different.

What i have noticed now is after uninstalling, reuploading files and resinstalling is as follows, (btw: the notifications are now showing (typical))

registered users can mention members.
regsitered users can't mention admins
admins can mention everyone.
members can't mention admins.
members cant mention registered users.

So now it does seem to be permissions related, I think that before i may not have noticed quite so much as i was sending messages between admins.

So, how can i resolve this issue with permissions? - or what should the usergroup table have as entries?

it's not installed on the main forum, (smarty pants :P) it's on my test site..

Turns out that it's far more random, now i cannot send mentions between members...

We depend on the correct url being entered in our support form in order to provide the best level of support, I merely went by the information provided :)

Other members of our team have informed me that your test board may not function like "normal" vB installs (much like my dev vB3 and vB4 boards don't), would it be possible for you to install a fresh copy of vB in a new location and try it there?

That way, we can eliminate any issues that may have occurred due to other testing procedures :)

Curiouser and Curiouser, now everyone can mention the admins and no-one else...

Since installing this modification i have installed 2 others, vbshout and vb pro garage, with a little custom template modifications - Since picking up this issue I've uninstalled both and tried again, still didn't work nor did the usergroup and user permissions come back.

What could affect this? - JS? Jquery? monkey singing hallelujah whilst patting his head?

Also, what should the usergroup settings be in the DB? - If i want a usergroup to be able to use it, should it be 0, 1 ,2 ? - i will try manually seetting them in DB.

It should be 0, a value of 1 means the usergroup is excluded from being mentionable (and would bring forth the "unable to mention" issues described here).

Are there any limitations to mentions per thread, per forum, per user? - I was using a single test thread, spamming that will multiple replies mentioning my two test users on numerous occasions within the post and throughout the thread.

Any other suggestions? clearing cache?

There are no such limits, no.

To my knowledge there aren't any cache systems that would prevent this from working, but if the usergroup permissions do not show up in the usergroup manager after rebuilding the bitfield then the problem is the same as I described with your live URL.

Maybe i'm mis understanding, so - when the query is ran against whether a user has a mention or not it checks the bitfield info, rather than the collumns in the table where the permissions are set?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced User Tagging

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings