Status
Not open for further replies.
While I know you don't technically support this on a mobile device....I have a ton of members that like to get on with their mobiles and chat. There seems to be an issue that wasn't a problem on the old version and hopefully it is a simple fix.

My members on android right now are getting this message when they enter a shout...they are being directed to another page and getting the following message:

"invalid instance ID go back"

It seems to work ok from my iphone still.

I am unable to reproduce this on Android 2.3.4's Dolphin browser.

There's scattered other reports of shouting producing that message, but thus far I have not received any information that makes it easily reproducible, thus making it impossible for me to fix.

If you or anyone else find a reliable way of reproducing it, do let me know :)

---------- Post added at 22:52 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

Update: Upon further investigation, using the Enter key to submit shouts produced this message in Google Chrome and thus presumably also the mobile devices (Android browser is based on the same Webkit version as Google Chrome). The fix will be in the next version.

After installing 6.0.1., Im still getting this error (Invalid Instance) here:
Captive Reefs - MCES Raffle Winners

when I push enter after typing a shout.

---------- Post added at 21:21 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------

I think it seems to just be in my additional instance that this occurs when I press enter.

Make sure you have flushed any cache systems and reverted any customised vBShout templates :)

How do I assure cache systems are flushed?

---------- Post added at 22:18 ---------- Previous post was at 21:48 ----------

I think reverting the templates may have fixed this issue. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings