Question How would one set up x posts for 24 hour access to arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle

Customer
I am trying to figure out what is needed for the permission settings so that for a specific usergroup they have to have made 2 posts to get 24 hours of access to play games in the arcade. Once the 24 hour period is up they have to post again to get access.

What is needed to be set if this is possible to do?

I see the timespan drop down where you can select hours, days, etc but do not see where you enter the length. So could someone give a quick walktrhough on what to set to make this happen?

Thanks!!!!

While not COMPLETELY what you want to do, you can create a permission for that usergroup with none/view access by default, and then timespan Days, registration time 1, recent posts 2, earned access play/record/score, and the rest blank.

that translates to "to play/record/score in the arcade, you need to have posted twice in the last rolling 24 hours, otherwise you get none/view access only"

So, its what you want, except on a rolling day basis, not calendar day basis.

Thanks Darkwaltz4!

Just tried it and it works great.

Question on the rolling day basis as I know some of the sites members will ask. Whats the time basis of a "rolling day" Does the 24 hour period start when the member has posted his last requirement (2nd post) and is allowed to play/score or does it go with server time so at midnight it starts for 24 hours?

Rolling basis means that at the exact moment a user attempts to access something, the system will look 24 hours from that point and counts the posts made within it. If its 2, they get the earned access, otherwise they get the default access. If the default access is None and they dont have enough, they will get an error message saying they need to make 2 posts.

So, if I look at 3pm, i need to have made 2 posts between now and yesterday at 3pm. If I look at 11:30am, I need to have made 2 posts between now and yesterday at 11:30am, make sense? That's "rolling", whereas the timeframe that always begins and ends at midnight is "calendar".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBArcade

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings