Status
Not open for further replies.

iNF3RN0

Customer
Hi,

I want to add an extra tab after the first two tabs i-e Shoutbox | Active Users | new tab for adding the link to the shoutbox rules. I have asked this before here: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/f29/how-add-extra-tab-vbshout-pro-235/ but those old instructions are not working with vbshout pro 5.4.8, can you please provide the updated instructions? secondly is it possible that when we click on this new tab, a popup windows gets open? (I want to use this tab for the shoutbox rules)

Thanks,

That was provided unofficially and Deceptor is no longer active here, so unfortunately I won't be able to provide any updated instructions :(

I suggest you use the Sticky Note to post rules instead, it'll be almost as prevalent as a new tab :)

It is, the customisation you're talking about was an add on coded by Deceptor - not a feature of the mod itself.

You also didn't tell me if there was any errors or anything that indicates why the customisation isn't working, so short of installing it myself (we have a pretty "hands off" approach when it comes to supporting customisations) I'm not entirely sure what you expect me to do :(

Last edited by a moderator:
It is, the customisation you're talking about was an add on coded by Deceptor - not a feature of the mod itself.

You also didn't tell me if there was any errors or anything that indicates why the customisation isn't working, so short of installing it myself (we have a pretty "hands off" approach when it comes to supporting customisations) I'm not entirely sure what you expect me to do :(

the problem is that old code has been changed in the new version of shoutbox pro, the code format and the lines positions/placement has been changed so those instructions or the provided code can't be applied, since it can't be applied I can't really tell you about the error :D

Now since you are the developer I am sure you can easily modify/update the old customization instructions by Deceptor with the new code format coded by you in the the current version of shoutbox pro.

I'm quite confused... The line it asks you to find very much exists in the dbtech_vbshout_shoutbox template exactly as described in the thread you linked to.

HTML:
    // Initialise
    vBShout{vb:var instance.instanceid}.init();

{vb:raw chatrooms}

// Hack the smilie box
    vB_Editor['dbtech_shoutbox_editor{vb:var instance.instanceid}'] = vBShout{vb:var instance.instanceid}.smilies; <---
    vB_Editor['dbtech_shoutbox_editor{vb:var instance.instanceid}'].popups = '';
    vB_Editor['dbtech_shoutbox_editor{vb:var instance.instanceid}'].buttons = '';

I'm probably misunderstanding you though, could you please clarify exactly what it is you're having problems with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings