• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Replicators

Customer
I have to be honest, i feel i was ripped off on buying it now. It's a great concept, it just lacks ALOT. Can't buy equipment to make your monster stronger, though i would like to see a equipment system similar to darkspore. Combat is beyond tedious, having to defend to regain stamina, i would rather see buttons to Attack/Defend/Spells/etc. I know the idea is to keep the rpg minimal as it is just meant to be a forum game, not like a 3D type thing, but i still think there should be atleast a little more. Nobody is gonna wanna sit there and defend 5 times to get 2 attacks, it's time consuming. I like the fact that we can move in combat though. I know more is planned for this, and i hate to seem like a hater, but i just wanna see this to be better is all.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I have to be honest, i feel i was ripped off on buying it now. It's a great concept, it just lacks ALOT. Can't buy equipment to make your monster stronger, though i would like to see a equipment system similar to darkspore. Combat is beyond tedious, having to defend to regain stamina, i would rather see buttons to Attack/Defend/Spells/etc. I know the idea is to keep the rpg minimal as it is just meant to be a forum game, not like a 3D type thing, but i still think there should be atleast a little more. Nobody is gonna wanna sit there and defend 5 times to get 2 attacks, it's time consuming. I like the fact that we can move in combat though. I know more is planned for this, and i hate to seem like a hater, but i just wanna see this to be better is all.

Your biggest complaint - the stamina - is easily resolved. You can change how much stamina users/monsters have and how much each move needs etc in the options - theoretically you could make every move cost 0 and give everyone 999 stamina, disabling the system completely.

Because there are so many possible moves buttons weren't really a feasible option.

Regarding equipment: There aren't any plans to have equipment in the game, similar to other monster battling games such as pokemon. The idea is to have the monsters themselves give you the different customisation options for your team.

Cosmic

What is the sense of having town's, when there is nothing you can do in them? Are there plans for parties, so we can team up and against other players? I really liked that idea about RPG Inferno, and though i know this is meant to be different from that, but i think the whole point on a forum activity is to do thing's with the interaction of other's. If it's meant to be single player, there are many other 3D rpg's to choose from that make it not worth the $100 spent on buying this addon, when you can buy better at a fraction of the cost. I know where you are wanting to go with this, and i don't disagree however i feel this mod should be more connected to the forum, for example make it use the credit system to heal and buy additional items like healing potions and buff's to replace the equipment factor.

---------- Post added 28th December 2011 at 21:19 ---------- Previous post was 23rd December 2011 at 05:58 ----------

Why should people pay $100 and something for forumon when there is RPG PET System For Forum - vBulletin.org Forum ?

I am sorry, but forumon seem's very limited in comparison, they have shops and auctions, we have nothing but hunt.... Towns are useless even though we can create them. I really think forumon should have a equip feature, but more inspired by how darkspore is, and that the monsters image can change based on the stuff it has equipped and you can use the idea of living avatars to achieve that. Also pvp would be very nice aswell as auctions.

It seem's to me that forumon is limited due to how rpg inferno turned out, it had alot of features but was never really used because nobody wanted to share imports and ALOT of time was needed in order to make a game. RPG Inferno had SO much potential, and it seems forumon is just a striped version of that with very limiting features to prevent extensive configuration of the game. Please Cosmic, don't let RPG inferno's past interfere with forumon's future! It's a different time, and different people, i say make forumon all it can be especially concerning the price for it. Not asking for much, but the quest feature would also be nice to bring back, it is repetitious just to go to a area and hunt and hunt and hunt.

There are better options for a forum based rpg game as i have linked, it's time forumon get upgraded to compete with it.

Could I ask you to make new feature req threads for different requests? This one was marked as declined because there are no plans to add equipment for pets, but there are other suggestions in your latest post that we'll consider adding (but might be overlooked because the initial suggestion was declined).

Cheers,

Cosmic

If my you multiple specific features, it is best to have a separate thread for each feature request. It makes it easier on the developers to keep track of each feature request. So, if you have 5 feature requests, you would create 5 new threads, which will allow each feature to have a discussion directly related to it. If you have multiple requests inside of a single thread, a request may get lost if the other requests are getting all of the attention inside of the thread.

You want me to copy and paste the last suggestions in a new thread, or for if i have anymore?

I've changed this one back to under consideration so it hopefully doesn't get overlooked, but any future suggestions in their own threads would be good =)

Cosmic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back