• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Replicators

Customer
One of the thing's interesting about darkspore, is for their equipment, instead they are parts you can literally drag onto the character which changes their appearance. I don't see monsters that we use using swords and shields and whatnot, however i think equip-able items, such as bags to increase storage for potions and other usable items, or maybe some kind of horn implant which gives more damage, and gear also can carry extra special moves that cannot be obtained through just leveling. Something like the Living Avatars mod could be used for such a thing to change the look of your creatures over time by adding gear on them. All of this would add alot more diversity to the creatures that can be made and developed to where you will never see the same creature ever. I understand equipment is not planned, but i like to think of this as another option which would fit better for the type of game this is supposed to be.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Very unlikely this would be implemented for a number of reasons:

First it would require a HUGE amount of new art resources to make equipment that can fit the different monsters - the body parts were al designed very carefully and painstakingly to ensure they would fit in the places they had to fit. It's likely to be impossible to be able to do that with equipment being added, and even if it were possible it would be ridiculously expensive to commission that kind of art time.

Secondly one of the issues people bring up with the game now is it's complexity and difficulty to balance - if we add in an entire new system that will create even larger headaches for people.

It's not really something that would be cost efficient or practical sadly.

Ok, i understand and it makes sense. Making any rpg game though is very hard to balance, whether using a program like rpg maker or whatever, just imagine how many hours it takes for a company like square to make their games, however for a forum activity it shouldn't be so hard to set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.