Status
Not open for further replies.

mindzipper

Customer
I've got a few issues I thought I'd address before I'm forced to remove this mod.

first, it screws up if you're in the quick reply window, takes you away from what you're doing. it complete ignores your actions and simply refreshes, dropping you to the bottom of the thread, which, if you're posting a reply at the time, forces you to go to advanced editing to complete.

I see a post from Oct 12 where you say it's not something that can be changed, and maybe it's due to it's implementation but this isn't a problem with the live thread mod I used before, so i'm not so sure about that answer. Unfortunately if this is not resolved it alone will be the show stopper for me.

It double posts frequently,

most annoying, it for some reason completely loses the first post in the thread.

It ignores your position and forces you to the last page. You cannot go to any other pages of the thread because it's auto refresh drags you to the end, regardless of what you're doing.

got to admit, I had high hopes for this, but it's been more frustrating than anything. There's no reason to ever force you to the end of a page, or the last page of the thread. I can't see that ever being something I'd want. that function alone makes it very frustrating, but the fact that it hides the first post in the thread is really confusing.

There's quite a bit of things it does well, but I'm starting to think the problems out weight the benefits. My users pm me every time there's a live event and we follow a thread about the problems.

It's a good idea for a mod, but it's implementation seems not well thought out. I don't want to resort to another mod, but based on the problems I don't see how I'm going to have much choice.

Last edited:
first, it screws up if you're in the quick reply window, takes you away from what you're doing. it complete ignores your actions and simply refreshes, dropping you to the bottom of the thread, which, if you're posting a reply at the time, forces you to go to advanced editing to complete.
Since this mod doesn't hard refresh the page, it won't erase your editor contents.

It double posts frequently,
It doesn't actually double post - if you refresh the page manually, you'll find the other posts removed. This only happens in a very specific case where if you submit a response within a certain period of 1-2 seconds of the mod manually refreshing, and the forum takes more than that time period to return your new post.

As you can understand, that's extremely difficult to replicate for something that's a purely visual issue that has no actual impact on the functionality of the mod.

most annoying, it for some reason completely loses the first post in the thread.
I've been unable to replicate that, can you tell me more about the circumstances and the settings on your forum?

I need to know if you're using oldest first or newest first, your posts per page and all your AJAX Threads settings.

It ignores your position and forces you to the last page. You cannot go to any other pages of the thread because it's auto refresh drags you to the end, regardless of what you're doing.
That's most odd, there's explicit code in the mod that disables it on all pages except the last page (or the first page, if you're on Newest First).

Since this mod doesn't hard refresh the page, it won't erase your editor contents.

It doesn't actually double post - if you refresh the page manually, you'll find the other posts removed. This only happens in a very specific case where if you submit a response within a certain period of 1-2 seconds of the mod manually refreshing, and the forum takes more than that time period to return your new post.

As you can understand, that's extremely difficult to replicate for something that's a purely visual issue that has no actual impact on the functionality of the mod.

I've been unable to replicate that, can you tell me more about the circumstances and the settings on your forum?

I need to know if you're using oldest first or newest first, your posts per page and all your AJAX Threads settings.

That's most odd, there's explicit code in the mod that disables it on all pages except the last page (or the first page, if you're on Newest First).

I'll get back on the forum later tonight and get your answers. Sorry if I sounded frustrated, it was an emotional night during the UFC event lol

Regarding having to go to advanced to respond, when the page does the AJAX refresh it for some reason makes the quick reply box dissapear. If you try to reply you have to go to the advanced page to finish your post.

I'll get the rest later, but honestly, if the auto portion that keeps kicking to the last page, and dropping to the bottom of the thread isn't something that can be changed, there's not much need to resolve the other issues. I'll have to go back to the other mod. I just really dont want to have to go that route.

To see the issues maybe you could jump over to the forum and participate during an event. I remember someone here saying they're also an MMA fan. There's a big event this weekend (Saturday night), maybe I could make a donation and you could visit during the event to see these things happen. Just a thought. it would be easy to test then because during big events we often have 30+ people on a single thread doing constant replies.

The reason why it snaps to the page is because we call vBulletin's "postbit initialisation" code when we refresh a post. This is required to make things like quick edit work. The vBulletin function calls the page snapping, we have no control over it.

Does the other mod have full support for all vBulletin's JS features even without snapping? If not, then you will have to make a choice between what functionality you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy AJAX Threads

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back