Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokonzi

Former Developer
Kept here will be the revision log for each beta version. You can find the actual zip to download in your members area.
The date on the members area download may not be updated, but just keep up with the latest posts here and download accordingly.

This work is to be treated as any license would. It is non-transferable and non-distributable. Do not leak.

Last edited:
Ok, Beta 1 is ready for download and install.

Key things to note and look out for are:

Does the styling work when set on a category tab? Does it affect a user's ability to set their own style?
Do tabs load correctly? Do categories tabs load the right tabs?
Do permissions work correctly for both categories and tabs?
Is the styling consistent generally (I have noticed there may be some issues with positioning in the images when a text and image is displayed in some styles)?
Are there enough StyleVars?
What options would you want to see that are not currently there?

There are a number of features likely to be included, including an idling time for the refresh mod. Note the refresh mod works in seconds, we have it set to 300 here (5 minutes).

Have fun testing, and thanks again guys.
IcEWoLF Trekkan skol Freekoid

Beta 2 is released today... finally... :)

There are some of the suggested changes included, as well as some of the bugs we've outlined. Can you make sure the upgrade works correctly? Expect the version number to be '*' due to the way I'm forcing the update. New installs should update correctly (though there is a chance of a fail during the install, something I've not tested yet). For simplicity I'd suggest you install Beta 1 and then upgrade to Beta 2 until I can ensure the possible error doesn't show up (probably Beta 3).

Additionally, please delete the following files from your install:
/dbtech/forumtabs/clientscript/forumtabs_old.js
/dbtech/forumtabs/hooks/forumhome_complete2.php

Changelog for Beta 2:

New features:
JavaScript file reloads on each new version.
Phrased notices if there is no default tab or no favourites.
A category that is 'hidden' now displays a selected category when it is selected (placed to the right of the 'More' tab).
New StyleVar relating to the padding of images and text tabs.
Categories can now have an individual default tab that overrides the global one, but not the user default.

Bug fixes:
Drop down menu in forum display forum tools area now shows properly.
Collapse forums fixed on refresh and loading of AJAX tabs.
Forum that act as categories now have their proper name displayed in the add and edit tabs section of the AdminCP.
Added missing dbtech_forumtabs_delete_category_successfully phrase.
Fixed image not showing up when image only.
Fixed padding surrounding image.
Adjusted default images to fit better.
All Categories added to replace the option in the forums list and let a tab appear under every category.

Additional Comments:
Slight tweaking of the JS file to tidy it up.
Removed redundant <div> from main tabs template.
Uneditable tabs now have a drop down menu in the AdminCP but doesn't contain the delete option.

Last edited:
Beta 3 is here!

Fixed all but one bug I know of as well as implemented most of the feature requests plus one or two other features.

The main thing to test is the way that the forum tab is now stored using cookies. The practice is that when you navigate from category to category or come back to the forum home it will select the last tab you were on if it fits with the category, or if not will pick a default you've picked as a user, or the admins have set per category, or will default to the first created tab or finally to the 'All' category. I keep getting the odd time things don't hold the cookie value, not sure why... so would like the wider testing of you guys to see if we can isolate the problem or not.

Any comments welcome as always.

Changelog is here:

New features:
vBSetting to allow for disabling of notifications for users.
Cookies added to allow remembering of previous tabs and categories.
Notifications can now be 'cancelled' by users.
When saving favourites an update message appears.
Option to Increase or Decrease the forum list in the add and edit tab pages in the AdminCP.

Bug fixes:
Multiple + buttons when looking at a forum with children in the forumdisplay.
Favourites are now displayed locally when a forum is favourited meaning the updates to tabs via AJAX reflect those changes.
Notifications only displayed to registered users.
Favourites option doesn't appear for unregistered users.
Favourites menu doesn't appear for unregistered users when viewing forumdisplay.

Fillip H. noticed a coding error that would mean a conflict with some mods. I'd suggest redownloading the Beta 3 package which has the necessary file changes to fix the bug. Simply upload the files. You don't need to rerun the XML product update.

Trekkan skol IcEWoLF Freekoid KristerSwe

Last edited:
Ok, Beta 4 is here... sort of...

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A FULL UPGRADE!

I've made a number of changes to the tables, and to import the tabs from beta 3 doesn't make much sense. So... uninstall the Beta 3 from your vB and install Beta 4 fresh. This means clearing out all the old files from the dbtech/forumtabs folders once you've uninstalled beta 3.

PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL THIS ON A LIVE SITE JUST YET!

I had some issues with the first site I tested this uninstall/install process. So please, please, please try this on a test board only and report back here before I approve of installing on a live board. I've not install at DBTech yet as I've not got the time before work to be sure of a complete upgrade and have time to fix any issues that might arise.

Since no tabs are imported, make a note of all the tabs you want and copy them manually across (perhaps open each tab/category in a separate window or tab of your browser so you can reference them).

The AdminCP section has changed a bit so let me know of any errors.

Changelog:
New features:
All tab data is stored in one Database table removing two queries from the page load on forumhome.
Favourites can now have forceably included forums on a users Favourites list.
Image selection now displays usable images from the /dbtech/forumtabs/images/icons folder.
Subforums are now arranged into columns that are customizable in the vBOptions area.

Bug fixes:
Fixed duplicate admin permissions.
Error where permissions check was failing when selecting tabs and defaulting back to the default tabs.
Fixed overwriting error on template hook.
Fixed spelling in several phrases.
Fixed saving displayorder on Tabs pages.

Additional Comments:
When deleting a category tab then any tabs are set as 'Uncategorized' in the list.

Done some testing on mine, and apart from a couple of minor errors when deleting and with some formatting issues, things seem good. Need to double check a few features are working as expected.

I have corrected some issues in the files, so redownload and reupload beta 4 if you've already downloaded it. Instructions in the previous post about the need to reinstall still apply.

I don't have a good testbed at the moment, so I'll wait until you think it's usable enough for production. No worries if things don't work quite right, etc... I just don't want to blow up the site. =) My users are used to me testing (and even breaking I guess) things, but I don't want to blow things up completely. =)

I've installed it on my live site with no issues up until now... will let you know in the morning whether there have been any. Should also get chance to install it on DBTech by then... :p

Can you double check whether the cookies save the data when loading new categories. I've had some issues with it today but not on my test board so would like some feedback :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back