Status
Not open for further replies.

Bravo

Customer
vbActivity always kills my site whenever it chooses to do things like update the table or send data from it,
right now it has locked my site up while running this query below

Code:
Query	1880	Sending data	SELECT COUNT(pointslogid) AS totalentries FROM dbtech_vbactivity_pointslog AS pointslog LEFT JOIN

as you most likey already know the 1880 is the time has been running that query
and 3010 below, as i refresh the page that time limit goes up obviously. most times it takes 45-1 hour for the site to come back up.

and every single day at around 1am EST it locks the site up with

Code:
Query	3010	Copying to tmp table	SELECT user.userid, SUM(points) AS totalpoints FROM dbtech_vbactivity_pointslog AS pointslog LEFT JOIN

for both instances under vba query all other sql query are marked as "Locked" for the duration of time vba takes to complete that first query...

Is there a better way vba can handle these querys? my site has about 165k members and whenever vba starts to update info on 165k it just kills my site..

MSN if you need more info or better explaination.

Code:
Query    1880    Sending data    SELECT COUNT(pointslogid) AS totalentries FROM dbtech_vbactivity_pointslog AS pointslog LEFT JOIN
This is the Activity Log page (vbactivity.php?do=activity). There's sadly nothing that can be done about this, but there's a vBulletin Option to disable that page.

Code:
Query    3010    Copying to tmp table    SELECT user.userid, SUM(points) AS totalpoints FROM dbtech_vbactivity_pointslog AS pointslog LEFT JOIN
This is the Cron Job. Same deal as above, it cannae be optimised, however what you can do is deactivate it and manually re-run it if you feel the activity points targets are being reached too quickly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBActivity & Awards

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings