Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't make a difference. If you want to try reverting something for testing, you could try going to one of the 1.0.x releases (w/o the bbcodes) and see if that changes anything. It shouldn't, since the bbcode query is after the queries you are having issues with, but stranger things have happened.

Brad via Tapatalk

This is really becoming extremely frustrating now. Even when I am trying to tag my friends, it will just circle for about 5 minutes, and then give me this database error:

Database error in vBulletin 4.2.0:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT smilieid, smiliepath, title, smilietext, dbtech_vbeditortabs_id FROM vbsmilie;

MySQL Error : MySQL server has gone away
Error Number : 2006
Request Date : Wednesday, June 20th 2012 @ 04:13:52 AM
Error Date : Wednesday, June 20th 2012 @ 04:18:12 AM
Script : Windows 7 Themes - CreativX
Referrer : [Announcement] Welcome Ghostrider as our latest SuperVIP member.
IP Address : ***********
Username : TheBull
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version :

Bszopi is in the process of moving and starting a new job, for the time being I would suggest disabling the mod till he gets settled in and has some time to figure out what is going on at your site.

I don't know, maybe for some reason he is not getting any notifs for this thread, I tagged him so maybe he will see it now.

The problem with this error is that I can not reproduce it, and have tried several different things to try to fix it, none of which have worked. You can't provide me any info on what you changed on your site for these errors to start appearing (for awhile this was working properly, correct?), so I really have nothing to go off of to see if there are conflicts with another mod. So I am basically stuck trying to figure out why its not working on your site, but seems to be working just fine on everyone elses. That takes a lot more time than answering a couple posts on here, of which I didn't need to look at any code to answer.

I haven't forgotten about this, but at the same time, I have no idea where to begin to try to fix it. The queries that are causing the issues are very basic queries, and are almost identical to stock vb queries (maybe even exactly identical), so there is no reason why they should be causing this issue. I apologize for not being able to fix it, but its not like I haven't tried.

Brad via Tapatalk

I'm experiencing this same issues and I have tried all of the tabs.php versions and the last one is the only one that stopped the errors but now the tabs do not showup.

I just updated to the latest version of photopost 8.22 before i started but I had run a backup and rolled back but the errors are still there :confused:

Can you provide a link to your site so I can take a look? Thanks.

EDIT: I got your site, and have registered so I can try to take a look at the source. Just waiting on the activation email, but I need to get back to my normal job. Will check it out later this evening.

Brad via Tapatalk

Last edited:
Can you provide a link to your site so I can take a look? Thanks.

EDIT: I got your site, and have registered so I can try to take a look at the source. Just waiting on the activation email, but I need to get back to my normal job. Will check it out later this evening.

Brad via Tapatalk

Were you able to get in?

K I bumped your account. Now I need to figure out why your didn't get the activation email...:RpS_blink:

Nothing for this mod is showing up in the page source.

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new AdminCP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues. It should ideally be a temporary account created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it

Ok, you should be good to go. In the updated file, I had changed the output variable name for some reason. Well, I hadn't updated another file and the template to match. Once I did that, all started working again. Let me know if you have any other issues.

I am still getting these:

Database error in vBulletin 4.2.1:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT
dbtech_vbeditortabs_fav
FROM vbuser
WHERE
userid = 0;

MySQL Error : MySQL server has gone away
Error Number : 2006
Request Date : Monday, June 10th 2013 @ 07:31:06 AM
Error Date : Monday, June 10th 2013 @ 07:32:53 AM
Script : http://creativx.net/forums/attachme...na-windows-7-theme-f.c.barcelona-theme-5-.png
Referrer : Barcelona Windows 7 Theme
IP Address :
Username : Unregistered
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version :

They don't seem to affect anything, so I did not worry about it too much. But I would really appreciate getting this fixed. Thank you!

How often does it happen? That error just shows that the MySQL server was unavailable during a query - ie, the server timed out and closed the connection. And it appears to be happening at some point when an unregistered user is visiting. If you can give more details, like how often it happens (once a day, once a week, once an hour) and if its always an unregistered user or if it happens to other users as well, or if you get other "MySQL server has gone away" error messages not related to vBEditorTabs, that will help in trying to see where the issue may be.

It happens with guests and members, and many many times every day. I have no other errors regarding MySQL server has gone away.

I redirected emails for database errors to my gmail account, so this is now becoming a nightmare for me. I am getting at least 50 emails an hour with this. I need this sorted out please!

Fillip H.

I need support here please! This is freaking me out now! I am bombarded with emails regarding this!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.